Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Modifying the 48mm Throttle Body 11 years 10 months ago #50775

Well not bothering with a 56mm just won a 52mm ali one off a well known auction site hope to get a little more low down grunt :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Modifying the 48mm Throttle Body 11 years 10 months ago #50779

£48 all in nice one :)

Re: Modifying the 48mm Throttle Body 7 years 7 months ago #171311

Despite being an avid reader of the T-Bar, until I was scanning through the 'how to's' I'd always assumed that the only way to improve a 48mm throttle body was to replace it with a 52mm version. Then I found this thread and its sister (the Mk2) and I removed the wedge from my 48mm throttle body this afternoon and the F seems to be running very well as a consequence. The throttle is 'sharper' and I've not noticed any issues maneuvering at low speed either. I used Evo-stick Plumbers' Mait to fill the holes.

This is the cleaned and filled butterfly:

The whole throttle body had been greasy presumably as result of 15 years of muck coming via the breather.

This is the Evo-stick - about £5 from B&Q. I pressed the fill quite hard with a biro when it had set and nothing moved. I also drop tested the butterfly from a couple of feet and nothing fell out.

This is the butterfly back in the body.

Anyway, I'd missed this modification for the 4 years or so that I'd been on the T-Bar so I'm highlighting it now in case others have also not seen it. If you have a 52mm throttle body you can ignore the thread as the wedge was not fitted to those.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Blow-in. Reason: spelling

Modifying the 48mm Throttle Body 7 years 7 months ago #171318

The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Re: Modifying the 48mm Throttle Body 4 years 8 months ago #191185

Would a very gentle countersinking both sides with a slightly oversized drill bit prevent solder from falling out either side?

Re: Modifying the 48mm Throttle Body 4 years 8 months ago #191187

Should do. A Very gentle countersinking, lol!
David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT