Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Cheapish hydragas pump and fluid 1 year 6 months ago #200089

Hey ya, I'm in new Zealand and have recently bought a mgf, does anyone know of a website with a reasonably cheap hydragas pump that I can buy? would be better if they also had the fluid on the same site but no big deal and would be good if they had cheap shipping as well but again not too fussy!

Much appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cheapish hydragas pump and fluid 1 year 6 months ago #200090

Invalid or non-existent item ID.:welcome2:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hoverbob

Cheapish hydragas pump and fluid 1 year 6 months ago #200093

I use one of these and can confirm that they work well. The dial is approximate so set the ride height by measuring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hoverbob

Cheapish hydragas pump and fluid 1 year 6 months ago #200099

Thanks heaps I will probably go for this one as it's definitely cheaper then any I've found! (I never thought to check ebay!) What did you do when you had to let some of the liquid out?

Cheapish hydragas pump and fluid 1 year 6 months ago #200171

sorry to sound so bssic but what is the fluid used in a pump up

Cheapish hydragas pump and fluid 1 year 6 months ago #200172

You can get Hydragas / Hydrolastic fluid from lots of places; MGFnTFBitz and Rimmers, for example.

Cheapish hydragas pump and fluid 1 year 6 months ago #200178

Just open the valve on the pump.
The zero loss connector screws onto the valve on the suspension with the t bar fully anticlockwise. It is nipped up, not mauled, with a 17 mm spanner. There will be air in the hose so before nipping up, close the brass tap on the pump and fill the reservoir, then pump it a few times to expel the air first. Once it is connected, tighten the t bar on the connector and the system pressure will register on the gauge. Undo the brass tap to let fluid out and tighten to pump it in. Old hands will suggest that once you gave pumped it up to about 300, you should release all the pressure and pump it to the correct height. Then give the car a good scragging before leaving it for two hours and adjusting the ride height to taste and level both sides.

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Cheapish hydragas pump and fluid 1 year 6 months ago #200186

You can mix up your own fluid, it’s basically water, antifreeze & rust inhibitor. It was a “couple of quid a gallon” when most of BLs cars bounced around on it, now you can pay £48 for five litres. Mind you it’s not as much of a racket as Adblue, you can by the same amount for the same money & you’re basically buying pig piss! As our American friends would say, go figure.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.976 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT