Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165708

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello all,

The time as come where my wife has put her foot down and is trying to make me become sensible :rant: So today she's signed for a new MG3. Meaning that I have less than a week to find a buyer for my lovely little TF.

So for sale is my lovely 2004 MG TF Sunstorm 115. The car is in very nice condition for it's age. The car has been very well looked after and since buying it I have made a number of improvements. These include repair of the usual boot loom problems, professional repair of the Pektron BCU and the addition of fully working remote central locking which wasn't originally factory fitted.

I have also rectified a previous poorly installed stereo loom and replaced it with an original loom, full Digital DAB radio with CD Aux and USB port. In addition I have fitted OEM rear speakers-again not standard on this model.

Recently the car has had two new front Falken tyres, two newish rear Federal's, new all round uprated Mtec drilled, grooved and anti rust painted discs. As well as green Greenstuff brake pads, meaning that the car now actually stops on a pin head instead of the previous poor factory setup. These were only fitted a couple of thousand miles ago.

The car benefits from front LED sidelights, interior LED sidelights, refitted interior in nice clean full black leather seats, ash dash and door cards.

The hood is in excellent rip free condition and comes with a glass window and switch in full working order. Paintwork is in very good rust free condition apart from the one very small blister (see below).

The car has just flown through its MOT and had NO advisories. The car has had a MLS headgasket replacement, as well as replacement of the underfloor coolant pipes.

I have also fitted the FIAT Coupe Quad lights less than a fortnight ago which look very nice against the Nightfire 3 paintwork. But also have the original lights if preferred.

The car drives very nicely and has nothing horrendous that I know of. The MOT tester actually commented on how clean the car was both outside and underneath for its age.

The worst and only bad things that I can say about the car is that there is a very slight paint blister on the driver side wing and it may need tracking. But in all honesty, that is it. Obviously don't expect a flawless pristine car as it is 12 years old and like any MG TF occasionally seems to let in a bit of water in the usual places. Also the front fog light switch got stuck, so I took it out and never got round to replacing it.

The car has MOT til February 2017, full service history and I am only the second owner. Lots of paperwork and receipts as well as two keys and two working remotes.

Hardtop in picture not included and horrid front LEDs have been removed!

Car needs to be gone by this Friday, so no sensible offer will be refused.

Looking at £1400 or very close............

More pictures will follow if anyone has a genuine interest. Car is located in Uttoxeter, Staffs. Viewing and driving
etc. is more than welcome, but be quick or it's going to the dealer for part exchange.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165711

sorry to see your selling the tf....wasnt long ago when i was looking at that car in the flesh on the forcourt.......very nice condition.......you say youve fitted some quadlights.........out of interest have you any pictures of them fitted...........life goes on i suppose........... :beer:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165713

Sorry to read this - is there any reason you can't keep this as well?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165719

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, I'd love to keep it and honestly gutted. But it's the cash for the new car deposit. It took me months to find one I liked :(

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165720

Are you buying the 3 through a MG dealer, they normally give very reasonable prices for trading in another MG.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165723

Hi . That's a lovely looking TF you have there. I am certain you will miss it. If you are going for the MG3 you may be lucky and get the £2000 the MG dealers were offering recently.to entice people into the showrooms. I was only offered £200 for my trusty (not rusty ) MG ZR last month in part- ex for a new Honda ! The engine in the new Honda is not a patch on the 'K' in the ZR. Show the Honda a hill and it gives up! I just didn't fancy the MG 3 or 6 due to it being made in China. I don't think that they are assembling the 6 in Longbridge any more and I know the 3 is shipped in . I might have risked buying one if they had a better engine range for the 3 and were built in the UK. Good luck with selling the TF, I sure someone here will give it a good home. John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165728

Hello I would like to take the car if you decide to sell it with hardtop
Regards
Glenn

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165737

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We certainly are but they are only offering a low price. They would be giving us 2k for the part ex had we have been buying a new one. But alas they have to make some money I suppose! :(

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165739

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hiya buddy, know what you mean about the K Series-I love em personally.

We have owned a lovely MG6 for almost two years now. Touch wood, we've loved it and had no trouble. The engine is sweet and apart from a few changes could be said to be a K Series. But of course some on here would disagree! ;)

Would buy another 6 tomorrow if we had the need for another big car. Sat in a face lift one at Longbridge and the build quality has been stepped up and now looks better than any new Vauxhall etc I've seen.

Hi . That's a lovely looking TF you have there. I am certain you will miss it. If you are going for the MG3 you may be lucky and get the £2000 the MG dealers were offering recently.to entice people into the showrooms. I was only offered £200 for my trusty (not rusty ) MG ZR last month in part- ex for a new Honda ! The engine in the new Honda is not a patch on the 'K' in the ZR. Show the Honda a hill and it gives up! I just didn't fancy the MG 3 or 6 due to it being made in China. I don't think that they are assembling the 6 in Longbridge any more and I know the 3 is shipped in . I might have risked buying one if they had a better engine range for the 3 and were built in the UK. Good luck with selling the TF, I sure someone here will give it a good home. John

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165740

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry Glenn, I don't have the hardtop anymore but you are welcome to buy the car without!

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165762

Hi again . Just before New Year I was parked up near Leeds University and noticed a 65 plate MG6 park up in front of me. As I had never seen a '6' up close I got out of my car to speak to the driver. It is a stunning looking car , this one was in silver. I told the guy driving of my interest in anything MG/Rover and was hoping that SAIC would have been more adventurous with the MG brand. Turns out he was the Deputy Executive Director of SAIC 's power train division and gave me his business card. I told him that the only thing stopping me from buying a '3' was the lack of an engine with a bit more 'zing' and asked him why they weren't advertising their products more in the UK. He agreed with the comments and said they (SAIC) were going to improve the advertising and the engine range. One month on and First buses in Leeds have got MG adverts on them. So if Mr Ingo Scholten is reading this , when is the '3' going to get a more punchy engine? :nofight: John
The following user(s) said Thank You:

04 MG TF for sale. No sensible offer refused!! 8 years 2 months ago #165926

Hi. Is your MG TF still for sale, Regards David.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT