Sign In   Register

Topic

LE Clocks 9 years 4 months ago #153911

Will be wanting one of those looms to, keep me posted :broon:

Will do!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LE Clocks 9 years 4 months ago #153951

In China they dont have the loom,enquiries have been made.It would be nice if some do turn up somewhere,there are a few clocks springing up brand new in the uk but no looms.

LE Clocks 9 years 4 months ago #153952

In China they dont have the loom,enquiries have been made.It would be nice if some do turn up somewhere,there are a few clocks springing up brand new in the uk but no looms.

OK well I'll update everyone when I hear... this guy seems pretty sure he's got them coming.

LE Clocks 9 years 3 months ago #155177

I have telephoned a company in china who do not have the wiring harness.
I have also emailed Leoni electrical at the chinese factory,who manufactured the loom with no success but did get a reply from there uk registered office.
The representative claimed they have not made anything for mg rover since its demise in 2005.

I always thought delphi made this harness (the older type )up until mg rover closed and leoni electrical is on the loom tag,the two i had was showing manufacturing dates dated 2007 and 2008?. I Have had no response.
Leoni are a global company and i presume they are not interested in finding a handful of looms for a item they no longer make and probably cant be bothered to look in there warehouses if there are any left.

LE Clocks 9 years 3 months ago #155196

Would any of the kit car supply companies make a loom?

LE Clocks 9 years 3 months ago #155207

My contact at MGUK is contacting the Shanghai arm of Leoni with a view to ether getting some looms or finding details of what they were made up with (plugs etc) - fingers crossed. I explained they are starting to come on to the 'second hand spares' market and that owners looking for upgrade parts are keen. He seemed open to helping and saw the value of keeping any MG on the road as it is a good thing for the marque generally.

LE Clocks 9 years 3 months ago #155615

UPDATE - I now have contact details for the Shanghai office of the manufacturer. Have sent an email with required details and waiting with bated breath!

In the mean time I have also stalked a couple of their senior execs on LinkedIn so if I don't get any joy I'll be messaging them for assistance!

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

LE Clocks 9 years 2 weeks ago #157853

I'm also interested in the wiring loom, as I've bought the LE500 dials and my car was done in July 2003.. Any news about them?

LE Clocks 9 years 2 weeks ago #157854

The branch of the company (Leoni) in Shanghai do not answer emails - I tried Twitter for their European arm but no answer either!

If we could get a scrap one we could maybe get them made up - it's getting the first one!

LE Clocks 9 years 1 week ago #158065

Cheapskate route.
Mgf tf speedo
Completed

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

LE Clocks 8 years 9 months ago #161152

UPDATE:

So I still haven't found the elusive wiring loom however look what I've found:

This is the 30 pin grey connector that fits in the back of the LE clocks.. except it lurks behind the radio of a RENUALT SCENIC!!! So got me thinking.. and I found this on eBay:

2003 RENAULT MEGANE SCENIC FRONT DASH CLOCK INFO RADIO DISPLAY UNIT
Completed

The red socket is the same as the 15 pin red one on the LE Clocks!

So now I need to find a Scenic in a scrappy (or I believe a Mk2 Clio or a Laguna for the red one)... then see what can me done. Of course this still relies on finding someone with a Chinese TF who's willing to photograph the actual plugs so wiring colours can be matched! But it's a step forward....

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

LE Clocks 8 years 9 months ago #161153

MORE UPDATE:

Watch this video Renault Scenic Dashboard Repair. Fix Digital Dash Panel. Mend Faulty/Failed Display.

At exactly 2 minutes you'll BOTH the red and grey connectors that are the same as the LE Clocks in one place I believe! So I need the loom for the multifuctional display I think!

Plus this video How to Remove Renault Scenic Dashboard. Digital Dash Panel/Instrument Cluster.

At 1minute and 5 seconds you'll see the actual plugs we need!!

This is them:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.
Time to create page: 1.837 seconds