Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59644

I have a very good condition stainless steel strap-on boot rack for a MG F (not the TF as the clamps fit either side of the central brake light). The only wear is on the rubber protectors which are functional but a bit cracked at the edges where they bend. I'm not going to use it so it is just taking up space in the garage and I'd be prepared to let it go for some beer money plus carriage.

If you are interested, send me a PM.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59646

Pics are best Richard :)

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59653

Some pictures of the rack fitted (taken fairly recently by the previous owner).

Richard

1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59654

Some pictures taken today.

Attachments:

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59656

It certainly look the part. Thanks for adding some pics Rich. :broon:

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59664

I think it is the L170 part as sold by the MGOC for £199.95 + carriage...however I just want to buy some beer - not the brewery!

Richard

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59715

Hi Richard, looks good, and comes of a car with the only MG colour (solar), same as mine. I will talk to the misses as would love to go touring when my F is back on the road. And the misses always wants to take so much away with her I could use the rack for my few bits.
Pete

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59717

OK Pete - if you want it I'll find out how much the carriage will be (it's quite heavy being stainless steel) and you can make me an offer. I'd like to see it going to a forum member who will get some use from it.

Richard

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59774

Hi Mate

how much are you looking for the boot rack we are going away soon as well and that one looks as if it will fit below my spoiler
many thanks
joe
Live life for today and worry about tomorrow when it happens !!

Last edit: Post by dusty mgf.

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59841

Hi Joe,

I think it will fit below your spoiler but only in the reversed position where the raised bar is forward rather than at the rear - this is the position used for carrying skis (great for posing).

I think a 48 hour delivery is £15.30. How about £50 including delivery?

Richard

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59856

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Wow, only just read this thread. £50 :omg:

Joe if you don't want this then Richard please let me know how you want the money and I'll have it.

Re: MG F stainless steel strap on boot rack 11 years 9 months ago #59859

OK - I guess the fair way to do this (without starting a bidding war) as there is at least one firm offer is to close the sale now and to give preference to:

Pete
Joe
PQD44 in that order...with a cut-off of 0800 on Wednesday 25 July.

A Paypal transfer would seem to be the easiest way to pay (send money to an email address). Once I know who the winner is I'll PM them with my emaill address.

Joe, thinking about it, I'm not at all sure that the rack will fit with the spoiler - up to you of course..

Richard

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT