Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47789

Invalid or non-existent item ID.just wondering what people think to these.
the guy that makes them is willing ot sell them for £60 each £5.50 p&p
if he gets an order for 5 units through me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47794

They look well made, but I would need to see a close-up of the bracket fittings to comment. Also do they fold down or are they fixed in position?
David
:shrug:

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47811

no designed to stay up enough room for the roof to go up/down with it in place
i'm having pics of the fixing sent to me so i can have a look at whats needed to hinge.
i'll let you know ;)

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47817

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
I was very kindly donated a wind stop that is fixed in position. Uses same screws that are used to keep tonneau in place.

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47827

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
I have an original one but TBH I never fold it down.

On the odd occasions I have I then come to fold the roof, realise the windstop is down, lift the roof again, raise the windstop, then fold the roof down :bang:

So a fixed position one is not such a bad thing

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47829

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
The only problem with a fixed one is that it restricts the view through the back window somewhat. This is if you ever :drive: with the hood up...

-=Visit my Website!=-

Last edit: Post by tui.

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47830

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Mine stops up, but having a glass rear screen rear viewing is already smaller :yesnod:

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47835

Mine's fixed and I forget that I have it due to it being perspex and clear. There's no restricted view to the rear. In fact, as my roof is mostly down, I often think it's a lot like looking through a rear windscreen. My plastic one has cracks near the mountings now, probably through excess speed with the windows and roof down. I might replace it at some point for another plastic one. Sixty quid sounds pretty reasonable for a wind deflector that appears very similar to the original oem look though. I wonder how long it would last. Although it does look fairly sturdy. Nice offer for the members. Cheers Dale.

With the roof up.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47839

the guy that makes them Quote

" I make a few of these windstops to fund the maintenance on my MGB and as such this is on a "as and when basis"! If I pulled my finger out I could make a small batch for you to offer to your members. The one currently for sale has bids on it so I would have to leave it to run its course.
The average ebay price reached last year was £60, so could do 5 for that amount each. P & P would be about £5.50"

the things people will do for their mg's

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47849

The frame is made from half inch mild steel tubing with welded joints. The mesh is secured to the frame using a high strength structural adhesive.

Mild steel rusts. Mine gets soaked when it's tipping down. Yes, I have it down all weathers. :) I don't mind wiping watermarks off perspex on occasion. But rust stains. Out of interest, do you know if he covers it with anything as a prevention?

Re: wind stopper 12 years 3 weeks ago #47857

i dont know yet. but another good question, i suppose it could be coated in smootherite or something similar.
I might have to get my hands on one and take it to my local engineering works and get a price to do it in brushed stainless steel, then all i have to do is find the mesh :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.950 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT