Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201246

I’m impressed…….it’s pretty impressive for someone to get Lucas components to actually do the job they’re designed to do but it’s something else again to get the damned things doing things beyond what they’re intended for!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable, markmgfman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201247

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201249

Those are two wonderful pictures & those Mullard boxes are nearly evocative as the orange & turquoise GEC KTxx boxes. I would regularly revalve Quad II when EF86 were still readily available & swap the GZ32 for the 34.
I bought my valves from a local wholesaler (Downs & Davies as I recall) , go on my bike & come home with 8 KT66, a couple of GZ34 & four EF86.
And I was little more than a kid & I’d be rebuilding 5-10 that had been cocked up by somebody’s dad wanting to make a stereo, plus the odd Williamson. I’m not too sure I knew what I was doing, but getting ones fingers too involved with the HT helped the learning curve.
The HT coils is inspired & brings us back to cars. Which is where we set off.
I’m in my seventy’s & my recollections are want to take on a rosey tinge & the number might be a bit adrift, I’ve had a lot of numbers through my head since then but the orange of the heaters & the blue/purple fluorescence lives on even after the tinnitus robs you of the minutiae of the music.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201251

Hi Mark welcome. I would join the conversation on British engineering ingenuity, but I think you have it covered.

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201254

Interesting to read all this talk about Mullards. I know of them only through the 2300 Club - originally the Mullard Motor Cycle and Car Club (MMCCC is 2300 in Roman numerals). They were responsible for the original Tour of Mull Rally, which continues as the Mull Rally to this day.

I live on the Isle of Mull, and bought myself an MGTF last year, which I'll be driving in the Mull Classic Targa Rally next weekend.

Baz.

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201265

Very much so, late in the evening a gentle glow and sweet music, really make the efforts on building for customers worth it!Just the chore of havng to listen for hours to check that they are ok :clap: Mind you that power ouput is a former Soviet valve from the 60's and 70's ..The heaters are 3 amps at 20 volts..60 VA!!! Daft or what, but they do sound wonderful! Note the 807 in the foreground!
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201266

Goodness me, I had no idea there was an MMCCC.. So many things lost in history.. At least you have brilliant piece of modern British history in the TF. I was astonished at my F when I got it, actually how good it is..With roof leaks, wind noise( I bet the BMWZ3 was allowed wind tunnel tests!) and mild wandering at high speed(all of which can be rectified)..It handles a dream...I love it..
Having been Triumph chap for many years, (I still have Spitty 1600 Twin cam) I tho k tyhye are ball wonderful cats amd shpulod be cherished and loved, until we are not allowed to use them any more by order of person or persons not yet known!!

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201267

The first thing that caught my eye was the reversed image & through the glass envelope of the word “Mullard”.
I take it it’s a SET amp, you’d have to live close to a substation if you wanted to use a quartet of those big buggers in push pull & they’ll need a bit of driving.
On the Tour of Mull front; a few friends would make the annual pilgrimage to marshal, I was invited but it’s a bloody long way to go in a Cortina 200e with four other flatulent rally aficionados in Padded Paddy Hopkirk rally jackets. Remember them, big breast pocket so you could get your mum to sew on your favourite car logo & the yellow stripe down the arm.
Tobermoryans must have laughed their kilts off when fifty similarly clad sleep deprived Blackburn lads all lent against the harbour railings smoking too many No6 & wandering how long it was till opening time & being a little worried about what exactly goes into a haggis because it looked just the same as that what had recently happened in the public toilet.
MMCCC = 2300 I’d never noticed before, I hadn’t realised there was anyone in the motoring club bright enough to work that out!

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201277

Yep one of my SET designs.. Bungs out a good sweet 14 watts with the GM70, but also heats they room, so no need for Gas central heating!!! WIN WIN In my opinion!! One of my better photos..I am a lousy photographer.
200E, with the throbbing V4..The Corsair. one of Fords better ideas!

Last edit: Post by markmgfman.

Hello all out there a new member here! 1 year 1 month ago #201278

One of Fords better ideas was changing the pedal order from the model T system; image driving sports car using Fords control arrangement.
Nurburgring in an hour & a quarter !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT