Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello. Just changed the clutch on my MG Motor TF LE500 6 years 2 months ago #184183

Hi all

Been away for a while but I'm back.

Just changed the clutch on my LE500 not fun but save me a fortune.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by James. Reason: spelling mistake

Hello. Just changed the clutch on my MG Motor TF LE500 6 years 2 months ago #184191

What was the mileage on that clutch?
David
:shrug:

Hello. Just changed the clutch on my MG Motor TF LE500 6 years 2 months ago #184198

Welcome back.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Hello. Just changed the clutch on my MG Motor TF LE500 6 years 2 months ago #184286

Its done 55k miles but the friction material was fine the problem was mechanical, one of the four pairs of friction plate springs broke free and jamming the mechanism. Changing the clutch was the easiest operation of the whole job. Getting at it was the problem.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by James. Reason: bad grammer and duplicated attachment

Hello. Just changed the clutch on my MG Motor TF LE500 6 years 2 months ago #184291

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
55k for a failure of a clutch driven plate. Other cars can do 200k +. Major mechanical failure at low mileage. Comforting that Chinee MG's are as unreriable as Blitish Rongblidge ones. Might be a suppried part but still clap.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Hello. Just changed the clutch on my MG Motor TF LE500 6 years 2 months ago #184297

Well, MG Motor only made around 20 mostly minor changes to the car before they put it on sale. I nearly backed out of buying this one because when I went to pay for it, the one I looked at in the showroom had a big paint run on the front wing. I should have followed my instinct but I must say it has been fun over the last 8 years or so.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT