Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124544

Hi Everyone!

Not got the car yet but picking it up this weekend hopefully...a nice little 03 TF in red
Just had our last car written off and this is our replacement. Missed most of the sunshine I think, but looking forward to getting her out on the country lanes.

While I am here...does anyone know where to get a decent Hard top from?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124546

:welcome:

try this link for the hard top
MGF HARD TOP with heated window in BLACK
Completed

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124547

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124548

Hard tops pfft!.. :dry: The roof comes down all year long. Enjoy. :lol:

:welcome: aboard. :)

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124549

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I got one for just a shy over £100 but so far been on 2 days. I'm waiting till the extremes of weather.

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124550

:welcome: :welcome:
I have a hard top but I don't like it much as the MG simply looses it's character when on. Its not the same to drive. My wife likes it on because the wind doesn't mess with her hair??? :bang:

Welcome to the forum Dex
[IMG]ht[/img]

Last edit: Post by Davem.

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124554

Said I was going to get a hard top when I first got my F.... Still haven't, most of us don't bother as roof is down most of the year. Suppose its a personal choice, you can pick them up pretty cheap now on flea bay but I would say wait a while and see how you feel about getting one, you could always just buy a good cover for the winter, mine sits out in all weathers and i have never had a problem, just need to treat the soft top with a good clean and protecter.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer as topless as possible, look forward to seeing some pics of your new F :broon:

Tina

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124556

Hello and welcome.
I've only just bought my F last week and am also thinking about a hard top for the winter months. But I'm thinking that it may be a waste of money as, as said above, it's probably not needed.
A good wind break and the airscarf mod and you're well away for those chilly nights under the stars!! :yesnod:

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124562

• Jimuth
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • "So, how much is that going to cost?"
Hello and welcome!
Here's hoping for a warm and sunny August and September. :yesnod:

Biggest problem for me with a hard-top is space to store it when it's not on. Prefer the fact we've got an expensive car cover instead that folds up into a bag!
Ebay + Nectar = lots of MGF points

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124572

Look forward to seeing the pics of the car. Don't bother with the hard top I thought I would get one for the winter and it was worse than the soft top. Plus more than likely you will have to adjust your windows for the hardtop then when removed you need to adjust them for the soft top it's a :rant: best with a cheap cover if your leaving it outside.
Thanks

Alan

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124609

Thanks for replies....
I hope to get some pics up this weekend if we get the car...waiting for the insurance to pay up :bang:

I hadn't thought of a cover.....i just thought the damp weather might play havoc with the soft top.....what do you use to help protect it?

And I wasn't aware you had to adjust the windows...???

I love these forums for such valuable info! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124635

The hood material is a triple sandwich with an impermeable membrane in the middle. If you clean and reproof the outer layer, it will withstand all weathers.
Our F is used 365 days/year in all weathers with no problem with the soft top.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds