Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48140

Hello everyone , just bought an mgtf , fancied one for ages , been looking on the forum for the last week and found its a great place for any info ill need etc , more into bikes to be honest hence my forum name , hubbys always tucked away in the garage tinkering with the bikes , i now have something that i can get to grips with
The MG isnt in bad condition for its age but im looking forward to pampering her and adding a few bits and bobs :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48141

There's a couple of bikers here too. So, you should feel right at home. Welcome. :)

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48142

:welcome:

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48143

Welcome to the forum. I came from a biking background myself, a Ducati and an MG, I'm a glutton for mechanical punishment!! But then saying that, once every blue moon when everything is working just right they are both well worth it!

There are one or two mods that should be considered first. Not the most glamorous but will keep you going longer, such as the stainless underfloor coolant pipes as the original mild steel ones tend to rot away without warning, especially if weakened coolant is used.

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48145

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48153

• Humphrey
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • It's better to wear out than to rust out
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum - soon you will be replacing the dull bits with shiney ones, the slower bits with those bits that make it go faster and the quiet bits with more noisy bits!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Btw I have a Raleigh 16 speed but I suspect that's not the bike you are meaning!! :bust:
John
'I started off with nuthin and still got most of it left!'

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realised
that people didn't like me anyway!

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48178

A BIG :welcome: :welcome: to the forum, we are all mad here but very friendly, lots of good people and tons of good advice to get you into the "DARKSIDE" as quickly as possible. You know that MG stands for Money Grabber!!!
Please tell us a bit about your car and if you need history, build date and original factory specs, just ask me and i will tell you what information i need. And :welcome: again

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48184

• Visitor
  • Visitor
:welcome: Hi welcome to our world :yesnod:

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48189

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advise, with 5 bikes were used to stripping down and making lots of noise, first job is actually going to be changing the coolant pipes after I read it here, so thanks for that, bought a hardtop yesterday, that’s a must I think, failed miserable when we went to pick it up, took my other car thinking it wont be that big :bang: ! And it wouldn’t fit inside, (didn’t tax the mg as I would have lost one month road tax for the sake of a couple of days) so will drive down in the mg on Tuesday and fit it while were there

Its a blue one, no idea what colour blue it is but its darkish, few light scratches here and there but for a 10 yr old motor its not bad at all, interior didn’t look to bad till I got it home, ill get the basics done first re hardtop and coolant pipes, im looking to keep her on the road for a good few years to come, it will be a labour of love as my hubbys always telling me with the bikes.
Head gasket was done last year and he said the cam belt was done at the same time and the heads skimmed
The forum is just what ill be needing and im sure ill be draining a few brains in the years to come
:woohoo:

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48219

There's a three letter code on the plate under the bonnet for the colour. Get that and check against our list of paint codes.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48226

Hi and welcome

Best way to collect the hard top is on the F ;)

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Hello 12 years 2 weeks ago #48233

• Visitor
  • Visitor

im sure ill be draining a few brains in the years to come
:woohoo:

I have no doubt we will be frying yours when you start to look at all the mods, upgrades and personalisation's that have been done .. ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT