Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

hi everyone 12 years 2 months ago #41100

hi there
just introduce myself here , seems like a nice little group you have formed
well i brought my mg in a moment of madness, im not even really interested in cars to be honest
but this one really got me
its a tf cool blue thing in anthracite ??????
im so ignorant
after having her checked out , serviced etc , costing the usual pretty penny
it seems i have found a good one
although i start work or rather my friend does for me on some minor cosmetic work itll be as good as
is it normal to use these cars for everyday use like i do
or they just for weekend runs etc
theres so much bad publicity on them
but they are fantastic fun
hope to talk to some of you in the near future
clive

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: hi everyone 12 years 2 months ago #41102

Welcome Clive, :)

'Bad publicity'.. It's more like 'Paranoia' to be honest Clive. But it probably got you a good deal on your car. ;)

I've used mine for around 50 miles daily and a 5 day trip around europe since owning it. Click click. That's over 8000 miles since last July. Some just use them at weekends. Some just use them in the summer. It's your choice.

I'm glad you got a good one. Looking forward to seeing some pics when you can. What kind of milage do you intend to do? The events section is here. I'm going to my first one at the Pride of Longbridge event in April.

Have fun and don't be afraid to ask away or join in with the fun to be had between breakdowns. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: H8CGR

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: hi everyone 12 years 2 months ago #41104

I use mine day to day. Annual mileage before i got the MG was about 8000. last year I did 13000....that's addiction for you.
Mines a 02 plate and I've now racked up 15600. In that time the only 'mended' items have been water pump and brakes ... plus oil change and plugs and leads; all the usual wear and tear stuff you'd have on any car. I'd personally call that pretty reliable.
Usual bad press is the head gasket. there's plenty of advice on here how to avoid gasket problems.
Other bad press is build quality, but most of us think that isn't such a bad thing as it gives us a hobby on replacing, updating and modifying.
You will soon realise what a bug that is.
Hope you enjoy and welcome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, H8CGR

Re: hi everyone 12 years 2 months ago #41105

Hi Clive

mine are daily drives, yes they do have bad publicity but they do need looking after. Ive always begrudged spending money on cars in the past but mine are spoilt and get everything and more :yesnod:

Have fun and get some photos up when you got chance :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping, H8CGR

Re: hi everyone 12 years 2 months ago #41137

:welcome2: Another Daily Driver here, about 15000 a year.
I also have Rotties, so know all about bad publicity. :nonod:

Treated right - fantastic cars, fantastic dogs! :broon:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: hi everyone 12 years 2 months ago #41139

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
:woohoo: Welcome Clive, you may not be a car nut but you'll soon become an MG nut - Welcome to the T-Bar and the wold of MG

Re: hi everyone 12 years 2 months ago #41143

A BIG WELCOME to the forum, it is a great place and some fantastic people on here all loving their MGs ~ they are addictive and do respond to TLC. I know that we can dispel a lot of the bad publicity on these wonderful cars, and i dont thing we have been unable to solve any of the problems that have been raised by forum members, at minimal cost, compared to dealer prices. there are a few mobile mechanics that will travel far and wide to work on Fs and TFs at very reasonable costs too. Please ask any questions at all, even if they seem stupid!, they will be answered quickly.
I am also Secretary of the Epsom Area MG Owners Club, we have around 300 members and about 50 Fs & TFs in the club, most of which are in daily use. They range in age from a 1995 pre-production F (VIN 000087) to the latest TF135 .

David A forgot to tell you that his MGF is nearing 100,000 miles and on its second headgasket!!!!!

Regards

Bryan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT