Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

hi all 12 years 3 months ago #37032

hi ill be picking up my tf on saterday its an 02 steptronic i know about hgf but is there anything else to look out for

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: hi all 12 years 3 months ago #37036

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi and welcome :broon:

In this weather your pipes :whistle:

But I would wait for one of the Gurus to come along and give you some proper advice ;)

Re: hi all 12 years 3 months ago #37039

hi thanx i think ive seen the pipes advertised somewhere for 115 fited

Re: hi all 12 years 3 months ago #37040

Have a read of this

Make sure the gearbox is working in all settings. :yesnod:

As Jan says, the underfloor pipes and the rest of the the cooling system needs checking over, as HGF is almost always due to coolant loss. So u/f pipes, radiator, heater, thermostat, expansion tank and cap, and all rubber hoses and securing clips.

Make sure you have proper strength coolant and that it is clean with no scum/oil/etc in it.

And :welcome2:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: belvoiture

Re: hi all 12 years 3 months ago #37045

hi and welcome to the tbar leigh ping has a steptronic and i have been in it and does shift it certainly opened my eyes to the steptronic. leigh will be around soon and will tell you more info.. :yesnod:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: hi all 12 years 3 months ago #37142

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome to the site

Re: hi all 12 years 3 months ago #37187

hi and welcome to the tbar leigh ping has a steptronic and i have been in it and does shift it certainly opened my eyes to the steptronic. leigh will be around soon and will tell you more info.. :yesnod:

Thanks Ray. I missed this post.. sorry for the late reply.

Hi Belvoiture,

Have you ever driven a steppy before? It helps a bit but it's not essential. Watch this video if you have not.

Check all gears are working on the stickshift, in auto and sports auto modes, not forgetting reverse also, and check both flappy paddles also work through all 6 gears too.

Ask about servicing, as you would with any car, and ask what oil is in the gearbox. EZL799 is the answer you're looking for. (ESSO EZL 799 CVT fluid item code XPT001002OF). You can add your own later if you want too. But it's quite expensive. A tenner a litre I believe. You will need 5 litres for a gearbox oil change. BMW and mini dealers stock it I've heard. You need to go there and take your own container for the oil. But also check Rimmers in the glovebox up the top of the page. The CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) dipstick is hidden below the airbox apparrently. I've not been there, yet. :)

Download the bottom gearbox document from here >>> Click for the gearbox document. and have a good read of the driving styles and limp home modes that you may be unfortunate enough to encounter.

Apart from all that. It's pretty much the same as any other MGTF except that it's easier to drive, sexier and more fun, has better handling and is much faster too of course. No other car lets your passengers change gear for you. You'll have to fight the girls off if you buy one so be warned. :) Welcome to the T-Bar. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, belvoiture

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: hi all 12 years 3 months ago #37278

Hi and welcome to the friendliest forum on the World Wide Web and to the wonderful world of F/TFing.

Best advice I can give you is, remember the sun block in summer :thumbsup:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT