Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello 12 years 7 months ago #29248

Hello to the forum, just a quick introduction and story of my rocky road to MG ownership.

I've always loved the MG brand and the cars it produced, and looked enviously as people started driving in the then new MG F in the mid 90's, though I knew at the time there was no way I'd be able to get one for a long time yet.

Fast forward to July 2011, I'd been made redundant and had a good payout, just accepted a job and saw a lovely silver MG F 5 minutes walk from where I lived. I had the money in the bank and bought it, with LPG conversion already done, it became a nice little runabout for those evenings when the kids were staying at grandma's.

Sadly within a month it was written off after an Audi A4 slammed into the back of me when it's brakes failed. While I was trying to keep it on the road, arguing with insurance assessors, I found a green TF, which once the F was finally sent to the breakers yard, became my new project car.

It has a few things that need looking at, but that was my intention behind buying an MG in the first place, a car I can work on, improve and enjoy.

That's the abridged version of the story, the full version would go on for pages :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello 12 years 7 months ago #29249

Hello and welcome Mal. :)

Have I spoke to you about lpg mg's before now? You sound familar. Sorry to hear about the 'write off' and thanks for the pics, always nice to see those. :)

Hello 12 years 7 months ago #29252

Hello and welcome Mal. :)

Have I spoke to you about lpg mg's before now? You sound familar. Sorry to hear about the 'write off' and thanks for the pics, always nice to see those. :)

Hi Leigh, good to see you here

On the LPG conversion, I have been on another forum since owning the MG F and it was discussed there briefly, I was starting to take some pictures of the conversion but other events got in the way. Having said that it was through your air scarf mod that I started coming here and having a look around, perhaps you should have a commission :-)

I'm looking at getting this car done with LPG at some point, though it will most likely be next year if I do, college courses, wedding to save up for and all sorts of stuff like that get in the way of spending money on cars these days. I did see the DIY kits on fleabay, quite cheap but you still need to buy the tank and the pipes, then get it certified once fitted, so a lot of hidden expense!

First thing though will be an LE500 front bumper, well after a scangauge 2, possibly a heated rear screen, or a hardtop, or something else I have yet to think of....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Hello 12 years 7 months ago #29253

Interesting story, and welcome to the T-Bar. Good luck with the ever-increasing plans!!! :evil:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Hello 12 years 7 months ago #29254

:welcome2: again.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT