Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello All 12 years 11 months ago #25023

Hello Everyone

My name is Alan and I live in Birmingham. I last owned a sports car 29 years ago when I sold my TR7 Coupe as I couldn't afford to pay the finance and a mortgage! I always intended to buy a TR7 Convertible when I could afford it. After my father died in November 2010 I wanted to buy a TR7 out of my inheritance but my wife wasn't keen as she remembered how unreliable (2nd HGF) and rusty my last TR7 was at 4 years old. (Why have BL, Austin-Rover, Mg-Rover etc. always had trouble with HGF? The Stag and TR7 were both notorious for head gasket failures).

I decided to buy a more modern car. I thought about an MX5 but prefer to buy British when I can and my last 2 Rovers a 420 and a 25 (which i've still got as my everyday car) have been reliable. I have an Alumina Green 2001 1.8i which I bought last week.

Incidently I work with forum member Rayb but don't intend to spend quite as much on my F as he does on his.

Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello All 12 years 11 months ago #25024

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Hi Alan

Welcome to the T-Bar. Nice choice you made.

Rich in Vancouver, another member, has a TR7, so you can reminisce about the old days and he can confirm you made the right decision.

Re: Hello All 12 years 11 months ago #25033

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Re: Hello All 12 years 6 months ago #29473

Nice to see you here. Have fun.

Re: Hello All 12 years 6 months ago #29486

Hi Alan ~~ A BIG WELCOME TO THE T BAR FORUM, you are in good hands here and it is good to see that you have caught the MG bug, you will be spending money on your pride and joy before you know it :yesnod: Your car looks very nice and is a lovely colour.

If a Head Gasket replacement job on an F or TF is done properley it needs only to be done once. Rough Luck (Jon Norris) Saint Russell (Russell Walsh) or Dazlightyear, to name a few. Ray will tell you that some numpty "bodged" the first one on his TF. one of the essential items is a water level sensor kit, it wont stop HGF but will give you early warning of water loss which could end up with the dreaded job being required. Welcome again :thumbsup: :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT