Sign In   Register

Topic

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126103

G'day Tibs/ fellas.
As my dash SRS light is also illuminated all the time now on a 2004 160 with only 27000kms, if I can't put the fault light out with checking the wiring under the seats, where is the main SRS brain box? If that also fails, I s'pose I'll need to pop the steering wheel air bag and check the connections there as well.
Thanks for any info re this, and I wonder if there is a comprehensive 'How To" re the bloody SRS fault which seems to be very common.
Best wishes all.

Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126105

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
The SRS problem.
There are 3 main sources of popping the light on. 2 connections under the seats to the pre tensioners and the rotary coupler behind the steering wheel.

Usually the light will come on after someone has adjusted one of the seats. The cure is to improve the connections. I used bullet connectors to replace the poor quality OEM plugs.

Sometimes if the steering wheel has been off the ribbon inside the rotary coupler gets damaged and the light comes on. This is usually accompanied by the horn failing.(uses the same ribbon). You will need to replace the coupler to cure.

If you take off the steering wheel you should ensure that the rotary coupler cannot rotate from its initial position.

The ecu is behind the centre console, with the alarm ecu.
David
:shrug:

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126146

David
Does this gem work on a MGF mk1 1999?
Tommy

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126151

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Yes. The T300 will work on any car that has a diagnostic port. It even comes with multiple adapters to fit many different cars.
The only extra kit you need is the switched lead from Technozen on ebay to do fault codes and key fobs with the same lead.
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126153

OK
They are on the market now for round Gbp 100.
I have 2 OBD readers (does NOT work)
Thank You
Tommy

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126154

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Yes £100 ish now. One visit to a garage to read your fault codes or get a new fob coded to your car would cost nearly the same. :omg:
David

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126183

OK
They are on the market now for round Gbp 100.
I have 2 OBD readers (does NOT work)
Thank You
Tommy

j

Hi Tommy

Have you got a link? I haven't seen them that cheap yer.

Thanks

Robin
Robin ;)

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126188

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Have a look on here

It's where I got mine. Most prices are US Dollars, pic one with included p & p

Check the version number offered before buying.
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126203

Will it talk to a pektron scu.As anybody attempted?two scenarios
If you have a working fob program another 2nd fob either with or without the 22 digit.

Where all fobs have been lost.will it retrieve a eka from the pektron Like testbook or will it remain in lock up.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126206

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
In theory, they will code pektrons, but Technozen is the guy to talk to for specifics. (on .org only unfortunately)
David

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126252

Good on you David.
Thanks for the info.

Ken

T300(key fob coding/ fault codes) - A run through. 10 years 8 months ago #126664

David
Trying the T300+ in my MGF it says " can not getting contact"
Where do You get the " Technozen" cabel. In the box there was
a lot of different cabl.
A little confused.
Tommy

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT