No there's a marketing opportunity:lol:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 13 years 5 months ago #16826

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Something for the MG Owners Club to consider?:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 13 years 5 months ago #16866

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Hmmm, I see a gap in the market. :cjj:

How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 13 years 5 months ago #16935

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
As long as it's not in the pants!
David

How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 13 years 5 months ago #16945

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
You need gaps, otherwise you can't get your legs in.

Re: How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 13 years 3 months ago #20275

Thanks for the guide, got my seats sorted out over the course of a couple of days during the xmas break! I even managed to add in two rover 200 heated seat switches into the circuit and fitted them in the two spare switch blanks I had (not posh enough for aircon!)

My only concern, and it could be my imagination, is that the bottom doesnt get as warm as the back. Thinking about it, I am fairly sure that in order to get the wires to exit the tunnel side on the drivers seat I had to install it what is effectivly upside down. When I looked at the time of install, there didn't seem to be any difference in the pad and I assumed it was the wire element that got hot, not the top of the of pad - have I been a bit stupid and fitted it wrong or is it just my imagination?

Re: How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 13 years 3 months ago #20276

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
I think it's your imagination.:yesnod:

The element is what heats up(wire).

You can only fit them one way to get the wires to exit tunnel side, unless you fitted the entire driver's side pads to the passenger side but upside down and visa versa.

Did the sticky pads stick to the covers or to the foam. Mine was all stuck to the covers.:shrug:

David

Re: How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 13 years 3 months ago #20277

This was the odd thing, despite having two sets of elements, one with a black wire sheath and one with a blue one, they both exited from the same corner so the passenger seat had the sticky bit upwards as per the guide however the drivers one was downwards which is why I am questioning it - having said that, looking at your photos again there cant be any difference in the heating capacity of the top and bottom so it must just be my imagination.

(BTW: Twitter updates are cool - good work there)

Re: How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 12 years 11 months ago #23512

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David

David, does the instructions tell you to take the supply from the fuseboard? I only ask as I'm not sure what those outputs are rated at and what the seats draw. My instructions show the supply taken straight from the battery.

Above, Clive raised a valid point about the suitability of the live take off points on the fusebox that I used.:yesnod:

After 6 months of useage, I'm happy to confirm that the takeoffs are in good condition, with no sign of problems.:yesnod:

Oh, and we still think heated seats are the best things you can do to your car interior!:lol: Mmm, warm bots!:rofl:
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: yellapop

Re: How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 11 years 9 months ago #58510

did this mod using this excellent guide back in january!! highly reccomended!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 11 years 9 months ago #58512

And you waited until July to tell us. :P

It's a great guide for sure. Any reviews or feedback are always appreciated. Did you find it easy enough to do? How much did it cost? Did it work for you? Is it worth the effort? How warm was it? Does it still work well? Do they really cure haemorrhoids? etc etc.. :)

The last entry was 14 months ago and David did this awesome guide 20 months ago. So, it would be nice to know more. A short 'living review' could help others to make a decision on whether or not to do the mods we have. So, if and when you have the time please feel free to jot one up for us. :broon:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: How to fit heated pads to MGF/TF seats.(leather) 11 years 9 months ago #58625

And you waited until July to tell us. :P

It's a great guide for sure. Any reviews or feedback are always appreciated. Did you find it easy enough to do? How much did it cost? Did it work for you? Is it worth the effort? How warm was it? Does it still work well? Do they really cure haemorrhoids? etc etc.. :)

lol!.... well i have had time to test them out and can confirm its a mod well worth doing... with the help of the excellent guide it really was a simple job, and cost under £100.00, it almost looks factory fitted too! it works fine and to be honest although it has two heat settings the low setting is more than adequate. fitted mine to the original cloth seats too! and they work very well. not sure about the er, healing qualitys though lol!
but in early feb drove to brighton and back hood down with heater on low and seat set on low and it was lovely and warm , with people in normal cars giving me the look that said "what a nutter"...lol!
the worst part of the whole job i found was the initial removal of the plastic strip at the front of the seat that holds the cover in position, but the rest is plain sailing and using the top tip of replacing the metal wire fixings with cable ties makes re-assembly a lot simpler.
its also a bonus for passengers who may feel the cold alittle more than the driver as they can have the seat on instead of cranking up the heating and making the driver too hot .
so to sum up , well worth it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Fixed the quotes :) Nice review, cheers.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT