Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46658

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Jan: I am coming up from the Banbury Junction of M40 - J10, I don't want to commit and then let you down, so I will try and see if we can meet up en route, I have a note of Madame"s Reg so I'll look out for a gleaming Red F on the M40/M42

Fingers crossed I'll see you all at Hopwood Services.........

Gary

I am 7 minutes off Junction 15, and will be cutting through Henley to re join M40/M42, rather than do the huge loop ;)
I will pm you my phone number so if you get a time I can drive down to my turn off meet you and you can follow me the back way B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46678

We are going to POL, but will see you at Colton Park Jane isnt wild about "drive into a field and park" format events so we will be a bit later arriving.
Last time we were there was on the closure protest and we were in the MGB. It got a cheer from the soon to be ex workers, it was heart breaking.

This was Gaydon where the convoy formed up. Who was it who said "it takes a certain sort of management to bankrupt a company with that depth of engineering talent." ?
Attachments:

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46680

Sorry, I can't help myself... that flag is upside down...:yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: birks

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46691

• Visitor
  • Visitor

:pinch:

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46694

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Taken from Wiki

Traditionally, flying a flag upside down is understood as a distress signal. In the case of the Union Flag, the difference is so subtle as to be easily missed by many. Indeed, some people have displayed it upside down inadvertently.

So perhaps it was a deliberate act ;)

Wiki goes on to say;

On 3 February 2009, the BBC reported that the flag had been inadvertently flown upside-down by the UK government at the signing of a trade agreement with Chinese premier Wen Jiabao. The error had been spotted by readers of the BBC news website who had contacted the BBC after seeing a photograph of the event.

I'll bet one of these readers was David :bust:

Just to add to the topic, it is also considered "lese Majeste", which means: insulting the Crown, and is theoretically still a crime in the UK and its commonwealth!

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46702

Be realistic David, back in 80s getting that Rover the right way up was as much as you could hope for.

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46706

• Visitor
  • Visitor
lol @ Stan

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46824

I do hope it is dry on Saturday, been away all week again and need to do some serious cleaning before Sunday!!!!!
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46890

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Just done Madam weather went gorgeous :yesnod: even cleaned the engine bit and under the bonnet, changed a broken wiper cover, and fitted the newish door kicks and topped up my coolant as I could not see it in the bottle, checked oil it's on the top hole on the stick, is that correct :-?

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46895

It's absolutely top hole, as they say on Jeeves and Wooster.:lol
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46906

• rayb's Avatar Topic Author
  • rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
see you all tomorow at hopwood services those who can make it :broon:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Pride of Longbridge Event meet up hopwood services 12 years 3 weeks ago #46907

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Looking forward to it and I get my speaker covers and shiny bits :woohoo:

I wonder if someone will fit them for me :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT