Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #42947

Just back- some photos from me,

David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #42948

You have to take the rough with the smooth! :yesnod:
David
Attachments:

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #42949

That bonnet looks horrendous, I'm going to have to re do that monstrosity, or have a black car with a coloured bonnet!
Ah well, was a good day out, even my trip into a field was enjoyable!

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #42955

You could have bought the whole of the car park with what this is worth!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C276188

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #42958

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Not the only classic at the pub today. As I came out to photograph the cars this went by

A Ford Model T Reg No AM5221, nice, but not worth as much as the Austin Healey which was very nice.

Durham Distraction Photo's Click here to go to the album
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #42972

Some great photos you have put in the album it is great to see so many lovely Fs and TFs gathered, 19 is an excellent turnout.
Regarding the Austin Healey 3000, one of our Epsom Members is the Chairman of the Austin Healey Owners Club and has been for about 30 years, they are usually invited to our Spring and Autumn runs, the photo below is one of the 16 Healeys that attended last year and i am advised that this one is worth around the £35,000 mark. no where near the recent barn find that went at auction for silly money.

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #42998

Another great day out. Thanks Clive. Great cars, good company and a fantastic drive topped off with a well organised lunch. Bring on the next one..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #43003

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #43035

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
David, where did you leave us?

The roads on the second half of the run were brilliant, with some nice twists and views.

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #43036

Great pics, thanks. How was Darrens' car 'The BLACKBIRD' in the flesh? Looks like a real head turner. :broon:

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #43049

David, where did you leave us?

The roads on the second half of the run were brilliant, with some nice twists and views.

I went straight on to Brough. when you turned off for Kaber and Barras.
I was out on my feet to be honest and needed some snoozy couch time. Almost nodded off a couple of times on the A66 on the way home (not recommended). :pinch:

I know those roads really well as I used to cover that area at one point in my work career. :broon:

The Blackbird was quite impressive 'in the flesh', I'd be very tempted to plasticote hi-wear areas like wheels/splitter etc as the removal and re-coating is so easy!
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Border Patrol - Durham Distraction - 10 March 2012 12 years 1 month ago #43061

great day out again with great people.

was a great sight to look behind to see a row of f/tf's following and also in the restaurant to see everyone having a good time :broon:

My Photo's

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: added some of Tracy's pics.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT