Sign In   Register

Topic

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88424

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.

I definitely don't need Co2 to encourage the plants.:nonod:
My plants get light and fish poo!:rofl:

lol, no I don't use it either, just wondered if anyone else was on it. So do you not feed your plants at all David? Just rely on nitrates?

I actually also use nitrate (et al ) removing substrate in my external filter to keep the nutrients to a minimum. It stops algae but the plants still thrive! I find if you get the light requirements right the plants thrive.
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88427

• Visitor
  • Visitor
My first husband loved tropical fish, when we split I carried it on, but due to my last house having a living room on the second floor I got really paranoid about the tank cracking so I got rid :(

I had a lovely golden pleck which was huge, and a gorgeous Japanese fighter which had a J on the side of it I do miss them, but I just could not eat fish when they were in the house :sick:

Lee I love that Puffer, we had one many years ago, but our heater was faulty and killed him :(

Lovely pictures everyone :broon:

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88436

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I used to keep tropical Marine fish too, but after I started diving and saw the appalling damage done to reefs by collecting fish, I stopped and reverted to freshwater tropicals that are bred here.

Marine Fish - They really do use bombs to collect fish and coral, I've seen the craters and the devastation left, and they really do squirt cyanide into the reef to catch fish. Don't believe any crap they may tell you about how the fish are collected. Most of Marine fish in shops are taken off the reef with no thought to how it will effect the balanced ecosystem that a reef is.
David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT