Sign In   Register

Topic

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88343

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88370

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
I got chased out of the Red Sea by a lionfish in Egypt a few years ago! :(

here's our tank, recently restocked with new plants and local stones (complete with fossils!)

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by birks.

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88375

Nice tanks, I don't have any pics (you're starting to get to know me now lol)

I've got a 3 foot 180l cichlid tank with Keyholes and Kribensis, we did have a female sajica but it was a bit manic in there even though there are millions of separate territories so we had to take her back :( a bristlenose and cories. Rocks and bogwood.

Also a 4 foot 250l community tank, low tech planted, sand substrate and tons of bogwood. harlequin rasboras, copper rasboras, i wanted loads of shoalers, something different than the cichlid tank! A few zebras and leopards because they are fearless and mental and help out the bottom feeders bless em, broze cories and another plec.

Not planning on adding any more fish, really happy as i have them. I am planning to change the substrate to sand in the cichlid tank though, the cories should be over the moon. Although to be fair the substrate in there is all smooth and their barbels are still fully intact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88377

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Nice....

So you don't have a camera then?:shrug:

or a phone with a camera?:shrug:

Or a laptop with a webcam?:shrug:

Or some paper and crayons? :rofl:
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88378

It's like a bleedin' foreign language ..... :dry:

... and I thought petrolheads were bad. :lol:

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88380

Nice....

Just the spycams I installed back in the .org days. :coffee:

I'll post pics later.

Of her fish. :dry:

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88381

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
sounds lovely Adi! Get some pics on girl so we can see!

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88382

Nice....

You name it I've got it, but it's a stand in joke now :lol: I might get the camera out over xmas :woohoo:

is anyone using co2?

Also what are you feeding your plants (not the root feeders I'm happy there)

Thanks

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88384

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
I definitely don't need Co2 to encourage the plants.:nonod:
My plants get light and fish poo!:rofl:
David

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88385

I definitely don't need Co2 to encourage the plants.:nonod:
My plants get light and fish poo!:rofl:

lol, no I don't use it either, just wondered if anyone else was on it. So do you not feed your plants at all David? Just rely on nitrates?

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88387

I've got a 3 foot 180l cichlid tank with Keyholes and Kribensis, we did have a female sajica but it was a bit manic in there even though there are millions of separate territories so we had to take her back :( a bristlenose and cories. Rocks and bogwood.

Also a 4 foot 250l community tank, low tech planted, sand substrate and tons of bogwood. harlequin rasboras, copper rasboras, i wanted loads of shoalers, something different than the cichlid tank! A few zebras and leopards because they are fearless and mental and help out the bottom feeders bless em, broze cories and another plec.

Not planning on adding any more fish, really happy as i have them. I am planning to change the substrate to sand in the cichlid tank though, the cories should be over the moon. Although to be fair the substrate in there is all smooth and their barbels are still fully intact.

im assuming you dont have a breeding pair of kribs then if you dont want more fish as they are quite prolific breeders in the right conditions.. and ref silica sand... DONT .. i did the swap and have to say cleaning stones is a hell of a lot easier that sand, I use to have a jack dempsey and a lumphead.. the dempsey was a loon

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Inspired by a fish tank photo... 11 years 5 months ago #88389

im assuming you dont have a breeding pair of kribs then if you dont want more fish as they are quite prolific breeders in the right conditions.. and ref silica sand... DONT .. i did the swap and have to say cleaning stones is a hell of a lot easier that sand, I use to have a jack dempsey and a lumphead.. the dempsey was a loon

No we had a pair of kribs they were always breeding but the babies didn't last long, we didn't want to breed. The male sadly died soon after one of their egg laying sessions, horrible I miss him he was stunning.

As I said I already have sand substrate in the 250l tank so I'm definitely changing the cichlid tank to sand, the same as I already have. Love it. It is harder work though you're right.

Your dempsey was a loon :P I never realised fish had characters until we got them, I love 'em.

Last edit: Post by Adi.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT