2001 mgf 1.8 (gold digger) 11 years 1 month ago #106382

Yep, that's what I fitted to mine.:broon:

thankyou :beer:
Keith
a hammer fixes all

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2001 mgf 1.8 (gold digger) 11 years 1 month ago #112283

time for another update, finally we have some sun

and also got round to fixing my handbrake, was on the verge of buying a new caliper but thought I'd crack on and have a look at it and take some pics on the way

this lever on the drivers side would only move if hammered round, no amount of penetrating fluid seemed to help

removed the pin for the handbrake cable and unhooked the spring, tried turning the nut to operate the handbrake with a 17mm spanner but was really tight to move, so off it came

this operating arm was also very tight on the shaft and took several blows to remove it with a hammer and punch

revealing a rubber seal, tried to prise out a little but it seemed to be solid underneath so removed with a screwdriver

the housing was solid with rusty sludge, scraped it all clear then used penetrating fluid again, now it could get somewhere near to penetrating

worked the mechanism back and forth for about 5 minutes using an 11mm spanner until I reached a point where the handbrake was operating with very little effort, the put it all back together. also packed the seal with grease (which was an absolute nightmare to get back in)

removed the central cubby box insert and slacked off the cable adjusting nut fully to enable me to reconnect the cable to the caliper, then tightened the adjusting nut until the wheels were locking fully at 3 clicks of the handbrake lever, with no binding with the handbrake off and thankfully my handbrake light is now working as it should :)
hope the pictures may help somebody
Keith
a hammer fixes all

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, stevecrx, Jimuth

2001 mgf 1.8 (gold digger) 11 years 1 month ago #112285

I also set about fixing some stone chips on my front bumper and got carried away :)

marked off a centre line

then made myself a precision measuring tool and got some chalk, the joys of matt black paint

marked and masked to outer lines

then prepped for paint (also had to retreat to the drive as it started snowing again :(

the biggest problem I had though was as soon as I started to spray the wind picked up and kept ripping the masking which resulted in loads of overspray through little tiny tears etc :( and unlike normal paint this could not be rectified with t-cut as it would make the matt shiny so the masking had to be reversed and the black redone

it hasn't turned out too bad but still requires a bit of work, but it was sunny again so needed to be driven lol

Keith
a hammer fixes all

2001 mgf 1.8 (gold digger) 11 years 1 week ago #116522

its been a while for an update
this weekend I had some mike satur hub adaptors come through the post

seem a nice bit of kit, the only problem I found was the holes on the rear face weren't deburred which could have caused some problems if I hadn't noticed
the reason for the adaptors? I desperately needed to take my winter tyres off and I had a set of 17" wheels sat in my shed from when I had a ZS

the polished rims looked terrible due to laquer peel so rubbed them down for a repaint

for comparison

adaptors on, wheel studs were measured twice and cut with a hacksaw as these need to be perfectly flush with the adaptor

job done :broon:

oh and yes I do know the centre caps are missing, as I haven't refurbed these yet lol
Keith
a hammer fixes all

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT