Sign In   Register

Topic

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180443

• John and Sue's Avatar Topic Author
  • John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Oh furk. Checked the levels at the weekend and noted the unmistakeable slight bloom of oil on OAT in the header tank. Thought I'd avoided this by changing the HG early before failure (properly I might add) early doors before there were any signs, about 20k ago. Lasted 20k.... Worked great well up till now. Woo hoo, probably a landmark with a K Series. Now oil into coolant.

Bugger. Poxy effing cheap jack-$hit badly engineered K Series pile of effing crap. And that's the good points. Indefensible. Wet liner engines......mistake. Car has done just over 40k. And another really major failure to add to drive hub, front ball joint and new discs required all round. Etc etc etc: constant maintenance needed. No wonder you can buy them for chip money. There's a reason why you can buy an 04 TF spares or repair for a hundred quid. I wonder, just throwing it out there, why they went bust. Oh yes, 'cos they're furkin rubbish. Defend that. Like pretty much everything MGR and BL produced.

My solution: take the heap of $hit to a tar pit at night, pour a gallon of petrol into the cab and light it off, whilst drinking a celebratory scotch. Then next day, rejoice, after claiming theft insurance. Probably for about 9 quid by now. Because that's about all they're worth nowadays.

Sue loves it, therefore, as I'm working away from home a lot up to Xmas, Jon Norris will be on speed dial. I'm frankly fu**ed off with it and would gladly buy a Mini convertible for her. Working on it.... Apparently, they can exceed over 40k without major fails, a bit like my Volvo really: 2 new tyres in 50k. And that's it. Look up Volvo hgf: I thoughts so.... :whistle: or anything else without a $hitty K Series for that matter.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180444

Something displeases thee.

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180445

:(

How's the anger management holding up, mate?
David
:shrug:

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180446

It's going colder, you've fiddled with the heater, dislodging a bit of snot from its sinuses & it's that that's floated to the top, relax.

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180449

I've had two head gaskets in the last three years. On the upside I've met Russel then last year Jon and Claire.

I love my TF

Turns out my radiator cooling fan fuse was blown :oops:

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180452

We buy these cars knowing that one day they will blow..adds to the fun dunnit..:hgf:....that's why most mg owners have a 2nd car....so they have something to drive while the mg is being repaired.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180454

So "it's not the end yet"

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180470

Think of all the nice fresh air you will get while working on the TF. And you will do something we all like...working on our cars.
I actually think I have become a better mechanic after doing all the work on my TF and now when the job is done, I stand back and think " I done that!"
happy SPANNERING...you know you gonna just love it!

Sundance

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180472

Relax and enjoy your spanners.

Attachments:

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180499

just wondered if that attachment is freely avilable some where?

Mike

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180501

Which attachment?..do you mean the spanner attachment?
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180512

yes where can i get the birds next graphic from-or is it yours

Mike

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT