Sign In   Register

Topic

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180513

Hi Mike. ..no the graphic isn't mine and is free for you to have...if your using a touch screen phone to view the forum...then simply touch the birds nest spanners leaving your finger on for a few seconds until the option to download appears.....downloading automatically adds it to your photo gallery........
If your using a laptop which is not touch screen...place the cursor on the birds nest spanners...right click and option comes up where you would like to put it...example desktop.....try this then post it back on this thread to see if you can do it?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180514

I know how you feel it is heart breaking, wish sometimes I could meet the engineers who put this bugger together , I think they all used to watch blue peter after school, and carried it on when they started work, making crap out of any old crap. but keep your chin up it may not be as bad as you think in the end , but if it turns out to be a pig forgive me for .

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180516

I think in some cases it could be cheaper to put another engine in..
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180520

thank you worked ok,apologies for hijacking the thread

MIke

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180521

The same has just happened to my funster 160.. Oh and last month my daughters mini 1.6 cooper diesel clutch failed and the cheapest fix was £1200. Beans on toast for the foreseeable future, including Sunday lunch.😢

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180523

Catch 22 really. .if the car don't run there virtually worthless.

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180525

if your engine is duff that's not a bad price £250. low millage

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180535

Thought I'd avoided this by changing the HG early before failure (properly I might add) early doors before there were any signs, about 20k ago.

This was your mistake in my opinion.:oops:

Why replace a perfectly good head Gasket. Could have lasted 60,000 miles.:slapme:

Yes its a gamble, but would have been better to put the money to one side in case it failed in the future.

Now you have to spend it...again!

Just owning a car...any car...is a gamble, unless it is new with full guarantee. Owning a car, especially a cheap car, isn't cheap!!!

Hope you get it sorted soon, and back to enjoying these cheap pieces of sh...:whistle:

Peter

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180539

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180547

That video showed the latest head gasket design for the n series...which is fitted to Chinese mg cars....I think I will fit one of these if my gasket blows....anyone on here used the n series gasket?

Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180551

but will it fit the K engine ????.

Re:RE: Inevitable really... 6 years 7 months ago #180554

but will it fit the K engine ????.

Yes

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT