Sign In   Register

Topic

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150234

Exhausts - You can get a mild steel standard exhaust for about £67, but factor in the fact that the old one will be a pig to get off and you may end up needing a catalytic converter too.
MG ROVER MGF 1.8 1995-2001 EXHAUST REAR SILENCER BACK TAIL BOX & GASKET
Completed

Yeah, saw that, but was concerned it was *too* cheap to be any good? Would love a TT3,6 or 7 but they are just too expensive..

I bought one of these a couple years ago and it's still fine. Actually sounds a bit more sporty than the standard, especially above about 4000rpm but isn't overly noisy.

Some members have the Toyosports box and that is good value at £180 or so but may be a bit above your budget.
Robin ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150235

Ok, good tip, thank you!

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150236

That exhaust comes with a 12 month warranty.:shrug:
That's a wonderful offer about the Rolling Road day. :yesnod: I wish I lived closer to Gatwick! :rant:
David
:shrug:

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150237

That's a wonderful offer about the Rolling Road day. :yesnod: I wish I lived closer to Gatwick! :rant:

Yes, shame :( I'm looking forward to seeing how many of my 143 horsepowers I still have left... feels like all of them!

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150241

Yes, shame :( I'm looking forward to seeing how many of my 143 horsepowers I still have left... feels like all of them!

Are you 100% sure it's a VVC engined car Michelle? The reason I ask is that the wheels are 6 spoke ones, whereas the VVC had 5 spoke wheels. The other tell for VVCs is that the inlet manifold plenum chamber has VVC on it - you can see this from inside the boot.

It's always possible that the wheels have been changed of course.

If it's not a VVC then you'll be well short of your stated 143bhp on the rolling road test as the 1.8i cars were originally 120 bhp.

Ignore this, just noticed that your rev counter is redlined at 7250 which makes it a VVC. I guess someone has changed the wheels. Looking at them, they could well be 16 inch wheels
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150242

Are you 100% sure it's a VVC engined car Michelle? The reason I ask is that the wheels are 6 spoke ones, whereas the VVC had 5 spoke wheels. The other tell for VVCs is that the inlet manifold plenum chamber has VVC on it - you can see this from inside the boot.

If it's not a VVC then you'll be well short of your stated 143bhp on the rolling road test as the 1.8i cars were originally 120 bhp.

yes, 100% its VVC, its got non-standard wheels on it :) boyfriend has a Lotus Elise and knows his k-series :)

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150243

yes, 100% its VVC, its got non-standard wheels on it :) boyfriend has a Lotus Elise and knows his k-series :)

Just edited my post above :oops: also, just checked and if it's a mk2, it could have had 16 inch wheels as an option. Just ignore me!

The Toyo exhaust should give you a few more bhp if that's allowed in the spirit of the competition :whistle:
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150248

That's definitely allowed, but I can't afford the Toyo now, on top of everything else. I've just joined the club as they had another driver pull out due to family circumstances. She had a steptronic 118hp version, so I'm one up on her :)

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150253

Hi and welcome

Interesting project, hopefully I'll be able to join you guys on the 27th.

The car is a mk2 so it could be running MEMS3 so the inlet manifold should be plain.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150261

It will be very interesting to see the results, A 2002 TF owner had a 'dyno' done recently and the 135ps engine/car recorded 109 bhp, has a cold air intake and been re-mapped too. :omg: :omg:

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150262

The VVC is 145ps (143bhp) and the 1.8Mpi is 120ps (118.5bhp) :clap:

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150282

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
:welcome:

......and good luck! :broon:

The radio problem could be..... If it's an aftermarket radio, they often have an auxiliary supply to keep the station memory alive when the ignition is off. Check if this is connected.

Clock: first step: check there is a permanent 12V supply at the terminals.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.
Time to create page: 1.019 seconds