Sign In   Register

Topic

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150215

Hello, I am new to this so please be gentle! When I say this I mean both MG ownership and forums!

I've recently bought myself a 2000 MGF VVC manual and what can I say, I love it!

I'm taking part in a year long charity/Top Gear style challenge call the Le Mons 365 Challenge and I guess in doing so I'm representing MGF owners every where. So I could really use your support!!!

This is the Challenge:

http://www.lemons365.co.uk/

And this tells you more about it:

http://www.lemons365.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

And this is me and my car:

http://www.lemons365.co.uk/the-drivers/michelle-matthews/

http://www.lemons365.co.uk/cars/mg-f/

We're not just doing this for fun though, it's actually for charity, but I'm not here to beg for money.

Instead we're turning the year into a TV show, first episode out soon, but this is the trailer:

Anyway, I hope some of you find this stuff of interest, and if its ok with the forum admins i'd like to keep you updated.. Leigh?

I do have some technical questions though. I'm looking to replace the exhaust....the budget is about £100, which is the best type I should get? Also the clock doesn't keep time and the stereo doesn't remember stations, just wondered if these two things are linked?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Matthews.

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150217

The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150218

:welcome2: Michelle.
David
:shrug:

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150219

Exhausts - You can get a mild steel standard exhaust for about £67, but factor in the fact that the old one will be a pig to get off and you may end up needing a catalytic converter too.
MG ROVER MGF 1.8 1995-2001 EXHAUST REAR SILENCER BACK TAIL BOX & GASKET
Completed
David
:shrug:

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150221

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150224

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Robin ;)

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150225

Hi & welcome. Sounds like a very interesting & more importantly fun project. All the best with it, look forward to seeing more.

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150227

Always fancied doing something like this, sounds like alot of fun welcome on board :welcome:

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150228

Thanks all for the positive and enthusiastic responses! Very glad I joined :)

Anyone want a *free* dyno run?

The next event in the Le Mons 365 Challenge Calendar is on Saturday 27th September. We are holding a rolling road day to see how much horsepower our cars still have and are going to lose 5 points for every HP we've lost over the years!!!

The guys who are hosting the rolling road (Austec Racing - http://www.austec.co.uk/) have kindly offered to donate all monies raised on the day to our charities. With the first 9 places taken up by the Le Mons fleet, this leaves us with a fantastic 11 places still available (at least there were when they last told me).

While the dyno day is *free* we are asking people to donate a minimum of £30 to book a place.

So, if you're within range of Gatwick, want to have your car dyno'd and probably have a lot of fun on the day (as well as potentially appear on the 'tv show'), then this might be for you. It's first come, first served.

If you'd like to come out and play with us please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and she'll give you the details!

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150231

Exhausts - You can get a mild steel standard exhaust for about £67, but factor in the fact that the old one will be a pig to get off and you may end up needing a catalytic converter too.
MG ROVER MGF 1.8 1995-2001 EXHAUST REAR SILENCER BACK TAIL BOX & GASKET
Completed

Yeah, saw that, but was concerned it was *too* cheap to be any good? Would love a TT3,6 or 7 but they are just too expensive..

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150232

Michelle, I hope you gain some serious points for the budget price you paid for your F. £850 for what looks a nice motor when all the other cars cost around the £2500 mark. That's got to be worth something.

Just shows that our little cars are really good VfM, with performance comparable to the others in the challenge, more or less.

Best of luck, I'm sure we'll all be keeping a watching eye on things and hope that you come out top.
Robin ;)

Hello - new owner here.. and more! 9 years 7 months ago #150233

:welcome:

MG Clock running slow (Solved). Click click.

Which stereo do you have?

The Best Exhaust for the MGF / TF is ….

Yeah, saw that when i was browsing last night.. problem is that the clock doesnt run at all, its not slow. I think its the wiring behind the clock and the stereo, as they run off the same fuse apparently?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Time to create page: 1.038 seconds