Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

non drying filler... sigh!!! 9 years 4 months ago #154650

So i managed to wingle the day off work so seeing as its blue skies i thought i might take the oportunity to do a little bodywork on the bumper, a few deep scratches that needed working on. Sanded back the worst of it and cleaned it all round, applied the filler in the correct quantity and an hour later its still not set. Too cold out maybe? Looks like i'll have to try and get rid of the old, re-mix some new with more hardener and try again. problem is ive now wasted an hour and im on a time limit already.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

non drying filler... sigh!!! 9 years 4 months ago #154652

If it's as cold with you as it is here, my guess is that's your problem.

Have you tried a hair drier or hot air gun on it? I had a minor repair on our other car a couple of weeks ago and the guy used a hot air gun to accelerate the hardening process.
Robin ;)

non drying filler... sigh!!! 9 years 4 months ago #154653

Yeah, bog ( 2 pack filler) dosen't like to set in the cold, it also has a use by date and won't set easily if it's too old, and if it's old n' cold, you've got no hope. :nonod: You can try doing a new mix with a higher hardener to filler ratio, this sometimes helps.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

non drying filler... sigh!!! 9 years 4 months ago #154657

Its ok, just left it another hour and it had gone off no problem, so its all sanded back now, area cleaned with wipes and 2 coats f primer have been put on, i'll leave it overnight now and give it a wet rub down tomorrow ready for painting.
Attachments:

non drying filler... sigh!!! 9 years 4 months ago #154658

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Re:non drying filler... sigh!!! 9 years 4 months ago #154858

I gave up on bumper filler as it never hardened properly so when i sanded it back it just fell out. Now i just use ordinary isopon

non drying filler... sigh!!! 9 years 4 months ago #154870

Well this stuff went off fine and sanded back lovely, unfortunately despite being a warmish day the night was bitterly cold so the pain just cam off the next day. Ive done a temp bodge job to make it look a bit better and im looking at a couple of replacement bumpers now. Cant decide weather to tick to to the F bumper or upgrade to the TF bumper though, i like the styling better on the TF one but it does mean having to take it to a body shop to get it painted.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT