Search Results

Searched for: suplex
15 Nov 2011 00:45

we are fitting a set in two weeks time

I missed this one somehow :omg: :rant:

Did you fit a set of SUPLEX units and what was the job like???? :shrug:
Category: MGF/TF Pitstop
13 Nov 2011 20:41

WE SIMPLY REMOVE OUR SUBFRAMES AND REPLACE WITH TF SUBFRAMES.THE LABOUR IS £400 AND IT DEPENDS ON THE COST OF SECOND HAND TF SUBFRAMES,BUT THERE ARE PAINTED SO THEY ARE RUST FREE,THE AVERAGE COST FOR THE WHOLE JOB IS £900,AND YOU CAN THEN SELL YOUR OLD SUB FRAMES ON EBAY.BUT AS WITH A LOT OF THESE JOBS YOU GET WHILE THE CAR IS IN BITS CAN YOU!!!!!
YOU MAY AS WELL DO THE CLUTCH AND MAY AS WELL CHECK THE SUSPENSION BUSHES AND BRAKES.
TF SUSPENSION WAS FACTORY TESTED AND BEEN ON THE ROAD FOE YEARS SO WELL PROVEN.SUPLEX SUSPENSION IS WELL UN KNOWN.THE TF SUSPENSION WAS SIMPLY ADDED TO THE SUBFRAME.A FEW BRACKETS AND YOUR THERE.UNLESS THE SUPLEX BECOMES MUCH CHEAPER I CANT SEE IT BEING A MAJOR PLAYER.AND TO BE HONEST SEEING THEM IN THE BOX AND HOW SMALL THERE ARE IM NOT IMPRESSED.
MGFS ARE LIKE A KIT CAR,YOU CAN CHANGE THE PISTONS AND LINERS,CHANGE VVC TO NON VVC,CHANGE THE SEATS,DASH BOARD,HOODS,AND THE SUBFRAMES,AND EVEN BOLT ON THE TF BODY WORK ON TO AN F.YOU CAN TURN A 1996 MGF IN TO A 2005 160 IN A WEEK END EASY OR THE OTHER WAY ROUND.
SO ANY ONE WITH A PUMP UP SUSPENSION,GET FRONT AND REAR SUB FRAME FROM SOME LIKE MARTIN SMITH.COMPLETE WITH SUSPENSION AND DRIVESHALFS.AND JUST SWAP THEM OVER.

Daz, I realise that hydragas spheres are no longer available new, but wondered how much to change for second hand ones? Just to give me and other F owners a comparison. It looks like Suplex would be about 1500 fitted, you suggest about 900 for a TF conversion, so how much for sphere changes? I guess spheres are not a long term fix, but they may be more viable for most people in the short term...
12 Nov 2011 10:57

That was an excellent review by Roger.
It is nice to finally see some concrete info on the Suplex system.

Roger always writes a good comprehensive report about all things MG. You may not be aware that it was his fitting of the Rover V8 engine into his MGB that influenced BL (or whatever it was called at the time) to produce the V8 MGB themselves, followed by Ken Costello doing his V8 conversions :thumbsup:
12 Nov 2011 02:15
That was an excellent review by Roger.
It is nice to finally see some concrete info on the Suplex system.
12 Nov 2011 01:14

Did we ever establish what ride height the Suplex kit gives? :-?

Yes, the height is 358mm FRONT and 353mm Rear ~ the units are adjustable to make up for the errors in the original subframe mountings! Each corner can be adjusted now, wheras before it was each side only because the Hydragas spheres were linked :rant:
Displaying 291 - 295 out of 341 results.
Time to create page: 3.006 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT