Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

immobiliser removal 5 months 3 weeks ago #204716

So, just want to check. I am sure I remember reading a post many years ago about removing the need for an immobiliser by setting the mems3 to learning mode and if no 5as system it would still run. Is my memory correct or faulty? My current 170 Kmaps ecu has the immobiliser disabled. I have converted the car to solid cam from vvc and will need to source and fit a 135 ecu, to run the car until I can get it remapped by Mark, but the race car has the 5as removed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by flyingbanana.

immobiliser removal 5 months 3 weeks ago #204717

Ive heard of others converting VVC engines to solid cams. Does it provide a power gain or is it a workaround in case of failure of the VVC system ? Is it only applicable to the 160 VVC or more to the 145 ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

immobiliser removal 5 months 3 weeks ago #204721

So, just want to check. I am sure I remember reading a post many years ago about removing the need for an immobiliser by setting the mems3 to learning mode and if no 5as system it would still run. Is my memory correct or faulty? My current 170 Kmaps ecu has the immobiliser disabled. I have converted the car to solid cam from vvc and will need to source and fit a 135 ecu, to run the car until I can get it remapped by Mark, but the race car has the 5as removed.

You can do it with a Simtek as shown in this video

immobiliser removal 5 months 3 weeks ago #204804

Any thoughts on that Flying banana or should I ask that on a different forum ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT