Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Retiring my old laptop 10 months 1 week ago #202794

Hi. The time has come to retire my extremely trusty Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S1 Ultrabook.

I bought myself a Huawei Matebook E and am REALLY impressed with it. It's been round the World with me and not missed a beat. Therefore as it's MUCH lighter than my Yoga I want to move the license for my Pscan over to it. How do I go abou that?

I have no trouble running the unit on W11 with this Lenovo, so presume the same with the Huawei, however the Matebook E only has a single USB-C port as it's a hybrid Windows Tablet. My question is will Pscan work OK with the USB-C port, and if so, rather than a USB to USB-C adapter would I be OK getting a new lead like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Matters-Mini-USB-C-Black-3-Feet/dp/B00UUBS0SS ...full USB-C to Mini-USB?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Retiring my old laptop 10 months 1 week ago #202825

Install pscan on your new laptop and run it. If it needs to disable one of your old laptops to enable the license to work, it will ask you to do that and you can do it yourself.

If you get into trouble then I will sort it out, but that's very unlikely.

Concerning that cable, I think it will probably work.

Retiring my old laptop 10 months 1 week ago #202826

Brill thanks - I'll grab the cable and fingers crossed!

Retiring my old laptop 10 months 1 week ago #202838

Happy to report that the Pscan unit works perfectly on my Matebook E via the Amazon USB-C to mini-USB lead.... software transferred over fine, and it recognised everything with the interface... happy bunny!

Retiring my old laptop 10 months 1 week ago #202877

Note that only the earliest pscan units had a mini-USB port.
Later ones had the much larger type B port, which most people would recognise as the USB port on a printer.

Retiring my old laptop 10 months 1 week ago #202881

Note that only the earliest pscan units had a mini-USB port.
Later ones had the much larger type B port, which most people would recognise as the USB port on a printer.

Handy to know... shows my old boy is still working brilliantly after all these years! I forgot he was one of the originals! :woohoo:

So for early models this would fit: USB C to Mini USB

For newer models I presume this should fit: USB-C to USB-B 2.0

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT