Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Reading eka code 11 months 4 weeks ago #201847

• Gigi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gigi
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hello, I have a 2002 Rover 45 1.4 16v, I bought this car without any service book and last owner didn't had the eka code card, also I already asked in UK and told me the dealership never send them the code when the car were brand new. My fob works without problem but I'm really worried because there isn't any ex Rover garage still active, so if I have ecu problems, nobody could helps me.
I read about this pscan and I would like to get one only for reading my eka code (and in future I hope to use it for more stuff if needed), I already seen this video:

And my question is, is really so easy for get the eka code or that's something I have to know before, maybe for don't do any extra issue on the car? Eheh

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reading eka code 11 months 4 weeks ago #201867

It depends whether your 45 has a 5AS alarm or a Pektron alarm. They changed about the end of 2002 so it could be either.

5AS:- You don't need to know anything about the car. If you can open the door, switch on the ignition, and connect pscan, then it will tell you the EKA.

Pektron:- You need to be able to disarm the Pektron alarm before pscan can connect to it. If you have a working fob then this isn't a problem.

Reading eka code 11 months 4 weeks ago #201872

• Gigi
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer

It depends whether your 45 has a 5AS alarm or a Pektron alarm. They changed about the end of 2002 so it could be either.

5AS:- You don't need to know anything about the car. If you can open the door, switch on the ignition, and connect pscan, then it will tell you the EKA.

Pektron:- You need to be able to disarm the Pektron alarm before pscan can connect to it. If you have a working fob then this isn't a problem.

Mine is early 2002 with the two buttons fob. Anyway, thanks for the moment!

Reading eka code 11 months 6 days ago #202222

• Gigi
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
I finally had the opportunity to use the pscan to get the eka code. Philip, you deserve a statue for the great job you did with that tool!
You saved my 45 lol

Reading eka code 11 months 5 days ago #202243

Yes , I'll second that . Phillip is responsible for helping us keep these cars on the road with his wizardry .
John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT