Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF MEMS 1,9 Crank shaft sensor Pscan reported it not working 2 years 4 weeks ago #198732

Hi,

Asking for some help

MGF MEMS 1,9 Crank shaft sensor Pscan reported it not working

I have purchased a new Crank sensor and removed the old sensor. But I have measured the old sensor and have 1285 ohm thru the sensor. I assume it is in order, but it may not be. More concerted is the fact that I only can measure 0,4 volt DC on the + wire from the MEMS wire.

I see there is a output and input from the MEMS to the crank sensor but can not find the output voltage that the MEMS shall send out. In the documents I have.
This to get the correct value that I may read on the multi meter.

I wish to find if I have a Wire issue or possibly a MEMS problem. I now hope that it is only the crank shaft sensor but???

I believed and I awaited it see 1,5 volts from the MEMS, but 0,4V...that is low. Does any one know the correct value out of the MEMS 1.9 to the crank sensor + signal.
Thanks for all good now how on this matter.
May only be a problem with wires?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF MEMS 1,9 Crank shaft sensor Pscan reported it not working 2 years 4 weeks ago #198733

The sensor does not get a signal from MEMS. It makes a signal that goes to MEMS. The signal voltage increases with more RPM. The 0.4 Volts when cranking is probably right.

If the fuel pressure is a little low, it will not be a big problem. It should work.
You need to know if fuel is getting to the injectors.
You need to know if the spark is happening at the right time.
One of these things is wrong. If the car runs sometimes and stops, it will be the fuel because the sparks must be happening at the right time. You can check that you have a spark if the car stops again. If you do have a spark, check that the fuel is good and not contaminated and that the fuel pump is working properly.

MGF MEMS 1,9 Crank shaft sensor Pscan reported it not working 2 years 4 weeks ago #198734

Hi thanks for your reply, but the 0,4 volt was from the MEMS directly on the connection.

This is the measurement that I had taken off the wire to the crank sensor disconnected.

Method for the measurement Key on second step, not turning the engine. The MGF book does say different things but it is a clearly marked outlet signal + to the crank sensor. and set as a output signal It is marked up that way in the workshop manual. On GM cars it is normal with 1,5v just to keep the sensors to start fast. And yes I agree that in the normal text it only lists magnetic and flags on the flywheel.
I hop you are right but. It does look strange to me.

Car stopped on the road as I was diving. Had to be pulled home.

This was a strange one, I had 3 bar of gas on the fuel rail, I had sound clicking of the fuel injectors, and I had spark on the plugs but no start and wet plugs after a time of testing. Pscan found no RPM and marked out the crank sensor. The spark must come at out of sync time so fare no start.
Ps pulled all plugs grounded them Pscan on turned the engine on the starter and had RPM on Pscan and crank sensor sync. Plugs back inn tried again no RPM and no sync to the sensor.
Therefore sensor out and measure it to 1295 ohm and 0,4 volt out of MEMS.
I also pulled off the top cover and verified the belt and marks to be in order.

MGF MEMS 1,9 Crank shaft sensor Pscan reported it not working 2 years 4 weeks ago #198735

You have wet plugs.
You have no spark. If there are sparks when you remove the plugs, you need to know if they are happening at the right time. A strobe light will help. If the spark is at the right time and reliable then the engine is injecting too much fuel. This could be an ecu fault but it is nearly impossible to diagnose at a distance. It is time to call in professional help.

Last edit: Post by minimax.

MGF MEMS 1,9 Crank shaft sensor Pscan reported it not working 2 years 4 weeks ago #198736

Hi,

Funny I do have spark, but it may not be not at the corrct time, and I do have a strob light, but then I have to jack up get the wheel off, and get to the markings at the crank shaft. I will do this, but I belive I will hold back to I get the new crank shact sensor and put that in first and yes. You are right, regarding possbly to mush fuel. This with the test delay is due to the genaral pain of mounting the crank shaft sensor, as this is located so well for access in the car. Therefore I belive that Putting back the old one is a ... for the test. But I plan to take of the plat cover under the engine connection to the gear boks and clean the back of the fly wheel. I see it is a thing that may help the crank sensor? This was listed in a book for the MGF may help?

Will I be abel to see the markings from the top, have not tryed that? Have you or some one else?

No input regarding MEMS signals to crank sensor ? This as I see the 0,4 Volt DC or is it a flaw in my eletronics.

MGF MEMS 1,9 Crank shaft sensor Pscan reported it not working 2 years 4 weeks ago #198738

We don't know. The car stopped suddenly and has not run since.Something broke. Pscan will not give the answer without understanding what it is trying to tell you and guesswork will not help at all. Manually checking every connection, wire and sensor might find the fault but it really is time to call the garage.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT