Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

ECU Replacement 3 years 1 month ago #195214

Is it possible to use Pscan to copy my old ECU to my new one?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

ECU Replacement 3 years 1 month ago #195217

I think that what you are asking me is if it possible to get a second ECU (probably MEMS3) and put the VIN number from your first ECU into the second one?
I would further guess this would be so that you can have different ECUs with different maps maybe?
Right now I don't have a way to clone the VIN number using pscan but it might be worth looking into if it is possible.

ECU Replacement 3 years 1 month ago #195223

Hi All. I've used pscan successfully with both a used, remapped Rover (NNN100730) 'standalone' ecu and have just synch'd a current brand new SAIC/Continental standard (NNN00830) ecu to my 2010 'Motors' TF - so I've experience of both MEMS3 units.

(Using the P042D variant I haven't seen the BMW / iso problem that markvrs has pointed out but I may have been fortunate to have been in the 'right' mode unwittingly, not knowing the difference between BMW and iso...)

Once both ecus are synch'd they can be swapped back-and-forth to the same scu (same car) w/out needing the 'learn EMS' facility - so you can have different ecus with different maps w/out needing to change VIN.

I've noticed that both ecus, whilst in P042D, gave various unintelligible squiggles when identifying VIN - and it would be my wish to be able to use PScan to put my own VIN into either (or both) of my ecus - especially the new one which hasn't been 'factory allocated' (VIN has squiggles; isn't blank). (Perhaps not encouraged because various securities might be compromised?)

As well as 'cloning' VIN (why the need?) won't a simple rename option serve both purposes? (Or am I missing the point of cloning? - would you really be able to copy/clone an expensive  remap to a cheap used ecu?)

If an ecu can be remapped (mine was a remapped, used MGR standalone replacement for a broken SAIC Continental) why can't the VIN identifier be 'got at', I wonder?

And why is it true that a SAIC/Continental ecu can't be remapped? I know they're different in many ways - eg no EKA - but why should they be so impervious?

Last edit: Post by ArntyR.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT