Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195211

Hi,  I am using latest version 042D of Pscan but I am unable to use "Learn EMS" mode to sync a replacment MEMS3 ECU to the Pecktron SCU in my MG TF

I am in BMW mode, ECU part no (NNN100743 and VIN are identified), go to Extras Menu,  Click on "Learn EMS' , the "Learn EMS" button pulses to show it has been clicked but the next screen does not come up, the one that says "This function attempts to synchorinise' etc

Rest seems to work, reads and clears faults etc.

Anybody else had this problem?  I know others have used the Learn EMS function without issue so I am scratching my head if it is a Pscan issue or a ECU issue. All thoughts greatfully received.

Cheers  Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by markvrs.

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195212

can you give the ISO mode a go?
I will have a look into it

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195213

Hi pscan, Thankyou,  

I will give it a go in ISO mode, was using BMW mode as I want to use SAWS tuning with Pscan, and that is only available in BMW.

Cheers

Mark

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195216

I just tried it.
SAWS tuning only works in BMW mode.
5AS / Pektron EMS code learning only works in ISO mode.
I will find the bug and fix it, but for now you should be able to get done what you need to do.

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195218

Fixed in version 042E.  EMS learning now working in BMW mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, markvrs

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195219

Hi Pscan,

Managed to work that out eventually.   What also seems to complicate my problem is that I could not log on in BMW mode to my other ECU Type NNN00830 (tried 20 times) This is Continental one from SAIC. I could get Learn EMS in ISO mode on SAIC so doubled back on tried ISO mode on Rover ECU NNN100743 and that worked, closed down and went back into BMW mode to get SAWS tuning option. Got update 042E on the way and all good.

Many thanks for the swift responce 

Cheers  Mark

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195220

could not log on in BMW mode to my other ECU Type NNN00830 (tried 20 times) This is Continental one from SAIC.

I don't have one of those ECUs.  We can't currently map them either.  It's quite possible that they only work in ISO mode.

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195227

Hi Pscan,

OK, I have Learn EMS Mode working, ECU now linked to SCU.

I have Got Tuning Mode working and Read mode working. Downloaded XXXX-saws-read-0.tnr file and sent to SAWS tunung

Got back XXXX -tuner.tnr file from SAWS and copied it to same location as the read file. That is both old and new files are in the same place as instructions.

Log back in to Pscan / BMW mode / Extras / Tuning / Saws / Write and it said file XXXX-tuner.tnr file can not be found.

Where is it looking?  XXXX bits are same in original and tuned file.

Cheers

Mark

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195229

I have seen this happen when people run pscanloader from a shortcut on their desktop or something.
I think that the program is looking for the .tnr file from SAWS in the folder where the shortcut is rather that where the file is, so another thing to sort out.
Please try this:-
find the folder where pscanloader is ( like c:/pscan.uk )
Put the file that SAWS sent you in that folder next to pscanloader.
Now run pscanloader by double clicking it from within the folder, rather than using a shortcut.
Let me know if that works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markvrs

Pscan will not go into Learn EMS mode 3 years 1 month ago #195230

Hi Pscan, 

I reloaded Pscan and this time I executed direct from pscanloader and it worked. Yes I was using a desktop shortcut to pscanloader. May thanks for swift responce.

MG Rover ECU matched to SCU and remaped with SAWS file on Chinese MG TF  

Cheers,  Mark

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT