Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TD5 3 years 7 months ago #194219

Hello,

New user of Pscan here, glad I finally made the purchase as I own 2 vehicles that are compatible.

First vehicle in question is my LR Discovery 2 (Auto) 300TDI and this was my first test using the tool.

I was expecting some error codes:

I then erased the error codes, drove the car, engine off, ignition back on and double checked for error codes:

Can someone help explain what this means?

I've got an intermittent issue with my braking system, but couldn't seem to find any codes relating to the orange lights eliminated on the dashboard (picture taken after the erase)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by James3990.

TD5 3 years 7 months ago #194223

Sorry for the slow response.
I took a few days holiday.
You have discovered a bug in pscan and I will have to replicate and fix it.
I am going to guess that the junk text means that there are no error codes.
Could you deliberately disconnect something to create an error code and then read it with pscan and see what happens please?

TD5 3 years 7 months ago #194229

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and no problem about the slow response, we all deserve a break at times!

I do have three orange lights on the dash already (TC, ABS & Hill Decent) which is an intermittent problem, however let me try your suggestion with disconnecting something more obvious and Ill report back over the weekend if it logs any codes.

Regards

Last edit: Post by James3990.

TD5 3 years 6 months ago #194241

Are you logging into the vehicle with the menu option "EDC 1.3.1", or with "TD5"?

TD5 3 years 4 months ago #194693

Please can you update to pscan 042C and try it?
I think that I know what caused this and I believe that I have fixed it.
The error codes for the TD5 were a mess. For now I have cleared them out and pscan will show the same error codes that a T4 shows.
I did have other error codes implemented from another tool. I will look at adding them back in. My feeling is that for now most customers will want to see what a T4 would display.
I have also managed to now show which error codes are current and which are historic.
Last the the "extra functions" menu is now back.
At some point I accidentally disabled it.
This menu allows you to view the immobiliser status and sync the TD5 ECU to a 10AS.

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT