Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193637

I have a MG TF 2004 1.8 non VVC and I am trying to connect another ECU to the car.
The new ECU is picked up by the pscan software but when it tries to synchronise it to the pektron the software displays “EMS learning mode failed”.
My first thought was that the latest version of windows 10 (version 2004) could be a problem, as I am having serious problems with some of my other programs with this version, so I installed the software on a windows 7 PC but it still came up with the same response.
I have been unable to start the car with the immobiliser switched off using the EKA code as every time I try it the alarm goes off and will not shut off until the car is locked and opened using the fob.
Have you any idea what could be causing this error and what is the correct procedure to link another ECU.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193638

The engine ECU will only learn the EMS if the Pektron is sending it.
The Pektron will only send it if it is unimobilised.
Is this case? It isn't clear from your post.
Does the fuel pump run and is the alarm light out?

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193639

Yes the pump is working and the imobiliser light is off.

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193640

What ECU are you fitting? is it new or used? is it standard or mapped? is it the correct one for the car?

For example learn EMS doesn't work with Rover 75 or 2000 on Freelanders ECUs.

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193641

It's part no nnn100783 from a rover 25 with the configuration for a 1.8 MG TF

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193642

It sounds as though this is a modified ECU.
It is common practice of chip tuners to disable the immo functionality in such ECUs.
If this is the case then it wouldn't surprise me if the immo has been disabled and therefore there is no point in learning the EMS.
Have you talked to whoever modified it and asked them?

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193643

The ECU was purchased many years ago.
Just tried other programs proscan, Torque and easyobd and none pick up the ecu. I can only assume therefore that it's been damaged at sometime while in storage, as they did work with it previously.
Many thank for your help.

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193644

If you have connected pscan then the ECU stops being EOBD compliant as it goes into MG Rover proprietary mode.

To get an EOBD scanner to work you need to disconnect pscan and turn off the ignition for a while.

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193645

Tried what you said after the ECU was idle for about 10 hours but still the same. ECU not picked up by OBD scanner.
I can only assume the ECU is faulty.
I will try to get another from a local scrapyard for a MG TF 135 and try again later after shielding has ended.

Another question unrelated.
Is it possible to remove your software from a PC and hence reduce the license count by one, as the second PC I installed it on is being scrapped and it was just installed for a test.
If not I will store the second PC incase I have problems with windows in the future.

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193646

No need to answer.
I found an article saying I can deregister when I install it on another computer at a later time.

Many thanks

EMS learning mode failed 3 years 9 months ago #193647

That's correct.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT