Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Error running pscanloader (download failed) 4 years 1 day ago #193142

Hi I bought a pscan some time back (at least a couple of years). I managed to use it all fine back then but it's been a long time.

I just tried to run pscanloader.exe and after accepting the license agreement I just get:
"Download Failed. Cannot Continue"

I've tried disabling my anti-virus and adding the program to the Windows Firewall but no joy yet.

I'm on Windows 8.1. Fairly standard setup of my laptop and internet, nothing unusual as far as I know.

Any help much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Error running pscanloader (download failed) 4 years 1 day ago #193143

some time ago we migrated from pscan.eu to pscan.uk and that meant a new version of pscanloader.

If you have the old pscan.eu one then it will attempt to update to the new one, but sometimes the processes clash, and the way around that is to reboot the PC and try again.

If that doesn't work that just start a new installation in a new folder and basically just start again from fresh by following these instructions http://pscan.uk/install/install.html

Please report back if this works or not.

Error running pscanloader (download failed) 4 years 1 day ago #193144

some time ago we migrated from pscan.eu to pscan.uk and that meant a new version of pscanloader.

If you have the old pscan.eu one then it will attempt to update to the new one, but sometimes the processes clash, and the way around that is to reboot the PC and try again.

If that doesn't work that just start a new installation in a new folder and basically just start again from fresh by following these instructions http://pscan.uk/install/install.html

Please report back if this works or not.

Ah excellent that is working now, thanks for your quick response!

Error running pscanloader (download failed) 4 years 1 day ago #193145

what did you do that made it work?

Error running pscanloader (download failed) 4 years 1 day ago #193147

what did you do that made it work?

I started a new installation in a new folder following the steps from the start again which seemed to do the trick.

Haven't hooked up the pscan yet but I now get past the error to the normal starting screen so I'll have a play shortly and see if I can get it talking to my car.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT