Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Crankshaft and camshaft sensor simulator 4 years 1 month ago #192743

Doe's. Anyone know what the crankshaft and camshaft sensors put out voyage wise and is it ac or dc as I'm looking at finding a simulator to connect to my mpi mems 2J ecu the mpi flywheel reluctor ring has 32 poles with 4 missing poles 180 degrees apart I think both sensors are vr sensors thanks for any info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David1566.

Crankshaft and camshaft sensor simulator 4 years 1 month ago #192750

Hi and welcome to the forum

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the MEMS 2 for VVC only, MPi being MEMS 1.6, 1.9 or 3.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Crankshaft and camshaft sensor simulator 4 years 1 month ago #192753

no its definitely a Mems 2J ecu on my mini mpi Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon-Mini

Last edit: Post by David1566.

Crankshaft and camshaft sensor simulator 4 years 1 month ago #192755

Hi and welcome to the forum

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the MEMS 2 for VVC only, MPi being MEMS 1.6, 1.9 or 3.

James

The SPI Mini (1993 to 1997 or so) used the MEMS 1.6 with the round three pin plug. The MPI Mini (1997 to 1999) used the MEMS2J with the standard 16 pin plug.

Most Rovers in the late nineties were K series with MEMS1.9, with the K series VVC engines (starting with the 200 BRM) being MEMS2J.

I was told that the MEMS1.9 could not cope with the Siamese ported head on the A series engine in the Mini and that's why they went from MEMS1.6 to MEMS2J.

The MEMS2J was also used on some of the V6 Rover 800s (I believe some also had Honda systems).
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Crankshaft and camshaft sensor simulator 4 years 1 month ago #192756

what im looking for is a way to simulate the crankshaft sensor out put signal i could do it in several different ways
do it electronically quite hard if you're not into electronics or coding
buy a reedy made sensor simulator but need a signal that is 32 pulses with 4 missing pulses 90 degrees apart 36 -4 poles
or build it mechanically using a modified 36-1 trigger wheel and a v r sensor plus a electric motor to drive it
not sure what the camshaft signal is might by v r or hall type sensor but not sure cheers for any help

Crankshaft and camshaft sensor simulator 4 years 1 month ago #192757

I'm kind of hoping that you do it mechanically (flywheel on a motor).
The reason is that I am building my own custom made flywheel with teeth in order to megasquirt my Peugeot 604.
It feels like spinning up a flywheel to 6000rpm on the bench might be a very dangerous thing to do though. I might have to settle for a safe speed and just hope it works at higher speeds when installed on the car.
If you figure out how to do it then I would be interested.

Crankshaft and camshaft sensor simulator 4 years 1 month ago #192759

trigger wheels .com do 36-1 crankshaft pulley adaptors the you could use a edis wasted spark coil pack coilpack thats what im using on my classic mini

Crankshaft and camshaft sensor simulator 4 years 1 month ago #192760

It's very difficult to do that on a 604. Front of the engine is very restricted for space, it's a very odd pulley, and it drives a number of belts which get in the way of sensors.

I have a spare flywheel for it and the engine has to come out anyway.

So I think I would like to add teeth to the flywheel that I have and drill a hole in the bell housing to take a sensor.

The Renault Renix system was basically a ring of metal on the flywheel with holes drilled in it and could either make something or cut the ring off of a Renault flywheel (yes I have one) and weld it to the Peugeot flywheel.

Crankshaft and camshaft sensor simulator 4 years 2 weeks ago #192895

Yes, there is a lovelly simulator made up with harnesses to fit MEMS1.9, 2J and MEMS3 in the following articles.

http://andrewrevill.co.uk/CrankCamSimulator.htm

you can read lots of other useful remapping test bench articles at the same location, I originally obtained this link from the caterham site.

http://andrewrevill.co.uk/
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT