Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

lost my EKA 4 years 5 months ago #191874

I went to move my 2001 F MEMS 3 from long term storage which had the car battery removed and can't now get the immobiliser to disarm. When trying to read the 5AS with my PSCAN i get a message saying it can only be read if disarmed. I thought only the Pektron unit needed to be disarmed to read the EKA.
is there any way to find my EKA using the PSCAN unit or do i need to send it to Paul at Technozen for repair, pay Rover codes for the info or find someone with a T4?
Thanks,
Nigel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

lost my EKA 4 years 5 months ago #191875

Does your fob look like A or B ?

lost my EKA 4 years 5 months ago #191876

Though by reading your words carefully, I think that you do have a 5AS (type A) and not a Pektron.

Assuming that you do have a 5AS:-

pscan should be able to log into the 5AS if (from memory) the ignition is switched on whether or not the car is immobilised.

lost my EKA 4 years 5 months ago #191877

I just did a quick test.
If you switch the ignition on you can read the EKA from the 5AS even if the fobs are not working.
If you see a message saying that the vehicle must not be immobilised then most likely it's because you tried to log into a Pektron that you don't actually have.
If you select Pektron and pscan cannot connect then it warns you that the vehicle must not be immobilised, it doesn't know whether you actually have a Pektron or not when you see that message; all it knows is that it cannot connect.

lost my EKA 4 years 5 months ago #191879

Thanks for the prompt reply Phil. I have type A fobs so pretty sure that indicates Lucas 5AS.
I will try and get to the car later today or tomorrow to have another try. I am running pecan sw a few revisions behind current so will advise my sw Rev later as maybe that is not helping. I recall selecting mems3 first and then immobiliser. Then I got the error message.
I will take another look and report back.
Nigel

lost my EKA 4 years 5 months ago #191880

When you select immobiliser in the top square there are sub-choices that appear in the bottom square.
You need to make sure that you select 5AS and not Pektron.
From what you say it sounds as though Pektron was accidentally selected.
The 5AS code hasn't changed in a long time so the old version probably doesn't matter.
That said from a technical support perspective I only support the latest version.

lost my EKA 4 years 5 months ago #191881

So far good. I have now got my EKA code. I was using the wrong start page module select. Once. I selected alarm and then 5AS all was fine and i was able to start the car. Now I have issues with the fobs. I tried programming new fobs and neither worked so that seems to point to either two duff fobs or a problem with the 5AS and is the reason why I could not turn off the immobiliser. I’ve run out of time for today so will check the fobs by programming to a known good car over the weekend and go from there.
I will also load the latest sw.
Many thanks for the super fast support, it is very much appreciated and at least I can now start the car.
Nigel

Re:lost my EKA 4 years 5 months ago #191884

On the fobs open them up and check the battery connection solder joints. It's quite often they split and the battery no longer makes contact even if it's holder fits snugly. From memory I think there are 3 solder joints to check. It happened on my old F. Started to be intermittent then they died. It's worth a shot.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT