Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Deregistering a computer 4 years 6 months ago #191538

• dert's Avatar Topic Author
  • dert
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Curious on how to deregister a computer, especially as the only one I got, which has the software working on, is an old Dell Latitude, which is around 11 years old with a duff battery - when I get it back, I'm going to retire it and install software onto a tablet :)

Anyway, although within the licensing information it mentions about deregistering a computer I have been unable to find any info on how to deregister.

I believe this question was answered previously when support was on the now de-flunked Rovertech forum, but as we are aware not all forum threads could be gleaned from archive websites and I couldn’t find reference to it when searching the archives, so could it please be explained how to deregister a computer?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Deregistering a computer 4 years 6 months ago #191540

You buy a pscan and the first time that you use it you use a laptop, let's call it ComputerA.

pscan asks you if you want to register ComputerA. It will give you the choice Yes or No.

If you answer Yes then ComputerA now has full functionality and has taken one license position in the pscan box's memory.

Now suppose that you buy another laptop, let's call it ComputerB.

pscan asks you if you want to register ComputerB. It will give you the choice Yes or No.

If you answer Yes then ComputerA and ComputerB have full functionality and have taken two license positions in the pscan box's memory.

Now suppose that you buy another laptop, let's call it ComputerC.

pscan will tell you that to use ComputerC then you must remove (or Deregister) either ComputerA or ComputerB. It will put buttons on the screen with "ComputerA" and "ComputerB" on them and ask you which one to remove.

If you select ComputerA then it will be removed and ComputerC will be added in. So now ComputerB and ComputerC are using the two license positions.

Now if you try to use ComputerA then it will not work. You will not be given the option to add it back in. Removal is permanent.

So the answer to the question "how do I deregister a computer" is "add in the computer you want to use, and if it is necessary to remove one then the software will ask you which one to remove".

I hope that this is clear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, sworkscooper

Deregistering a computer 4 years 6 months ago #191541

• dert's Avatar Topic Author
  • dert
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Very clear thanks for that....sounds simple enough :)

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT