Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 9 months ago #190692

Reset the alarms from the Pscan of which we had 2. One disappeared, however the error code we have remaining is 1D1E, so has anyone any idea where I could find where the fault is coming from? My car is an MGF VVC 1997 model. I tried looking for codes on the T-Bar site but could not find anything.

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 9 months ago #190693

Error codes with these ECUs are often grouped and related.
For example I know what 120A means and so when a customer on here said that they got 120Y we advised that it was probably the same thing.

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything near to 1D1E at all, and so I can't even guess.

I will try and figure it out but I will need a little time.

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 9 months ago #190782

Have you had any luck with finding out what code this, I am currently offshore and will be due back home Friday 5th July, as the garage is waiting on news

Michael Reilly

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 9 months ago #190784

I need something called a DTC0058A, or the schematic for one.
At this moment in time I neither have one or a way of getting one.
I have to be honest with you I would put the probability of achieving that by the 5th at 50/50.

I am 90% sure that if you had a code related to something outside the airbag controller (such as a wire / connector or airbag unit) that pscan would know the meaning of the code. Therefore I would say that my best guess is that this is an internal fault in the ECU. This wouldn't be the first time that this has happened.

If I were you I would have a backup plan which would be to find a used ECU on ebay or the like.

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 9 months ago #190785

Update.
My chances of delivering this just went from 50/50 to 75/25 as I got a reply here

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 9 months ago #190793

I still can't get my T4 to connect to this Airbag ECU.
The Snap-on Modis does, and for 1D1E it gives me "undocumented code", so a weird one.
I will keep trying with the T4.

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 8 months ago #190796

OK,
So I am looking at ECU's on ebay, the internet is so damned slow out here. I am working on a multi-million pound rig with a threepenny bit internet!
What type of ECU should I be looking at, MGF airbags ECU? I should hopefully be back in blighty next week.

Regards,
Michael Reilly

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 8 months ago #190797

Some of them had passenger airbags and some didn't. The replacement one needs to match what you have.

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 8 months ago #190827

1D1E is "ECU internal fault - energy shut-down switch", as stated by my T4

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 8 months ago #190842

OK cool so I might be able to keep the old girl going then, I've had my machine since 2001, what do you recommend get a replacement just the airbag ECU?

Much appreciated
Michael Reilly

Last edit: Post by Michael1.

Unknow error code on SRS light 1D1E 4 years 5 months ago #191681

And what does error code 120a mean, because I have that on my MGF VVC. I can read that it says "Safing sensor not closed", but where to start looking.

Unknow error code on SRS light 4 years 5 months ago #191682

hi, have a look at https://www.mg-rover.org/threads/mot-fail-srs-question.640457/ to see if it matches your situation

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT