Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Streetwise Pektron door lock question 4 years 11 months ago #190166

i have been following the guidance for checking that my EKA code works prior to adding a new fob and have found that my EKA is not turning off the immobiliser.
When i insert the door key and lock the car for 5 seconds the alarm sounds as it should.
I then start to enter the EKA code. i find that when i turn the key anticlockwise the drivers door button pops up but all other door buttons stay down. Could the reason for my EKA code not working be the door lock microswitch is not working on the antuiclockwise (unlock) part?
If so, then are the microswitches part of the key barrel or inside the central door locking unit on a Streetwise?
Lastly, can i use PSCAN to see if the microswitches are working?
Thx,
Nigel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Streetwise Pektron door lock question 4 years 11 months ago #190167

Hi Nigel.
I had this on my MG ZR which was pektron and is the same as the Streetwise . It never worked from new and it never really bothered me . Saying that , my TF did this until I sent the BCU away to be sorted along with my fobs . When they came back I could only manage to get the EKA to release the Imobiliser by changing the code using Pscan . I now have a code that doesn't require as many key inputs / turns in the lock .
I checked the micro switches (which are not in the barrel ) that are in the locking latch and they were ok . Not sure this really helps you but if you give Technozen a call ( Paul) might be able to give you better advice .
John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit

Streetwise Pektron door lock question 4 years 11 months ago #190168

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but I would like to encourage you to stick with it.
No diagnostic tool (including pscan, and the factory T4) can log into the Pektron unless it is unimmobilised, so if you have no working fobs and no way of entering the EKA then you are totally unable to connect a diagnostic tool to fix the the situation.
This gives the car a high level of security but I really would not mess with the fobs until you have the EKA working without them.

Streetwise Pektron door lock question 4 years 11 months ago #190169

Thank you both for your quick replies.
I know Paul from other forums and purchased my new fob from him recently. I will contact him to see if he can give me a few pointers. I do have a working fob so can turn off the immobiliser. I like the idea of changing the EKA code to lower numbers, currently 2 of mine are rather high.
If anyone has a 25, ZR or Streetwise with a Pektron module it would be good know if when the key is used to unlock the car does it just activate the drivers door or unlock all doors? if the former then that would be a pain as you would have to reach over to open passenger door and then lean in to open back doors. i cannot believe that would be factory standard. if mine is at fault then i think this would point toward microswitch on unlock not working or a broken wire / faulty pektron.
When using the fob all 4 door unlock ok.
Thanks,
Nigel

Streetwise Pektron door lock question 4 years 11 months ago #190171

Good news update.
i found a revised Pektron EKA process posted by Paul in 2017 and essentially it does not start with the 5 sec hold in the lock position. You go straight to the first number and the initial unlock becomes the first part of the first number. I will email this to Philip later for him to post on the Pektron page.
The final stage of the EKA procedure is to unlock and open the door. this makes the red led come on solid. after 5 mins the led goes out and you then have 10 mins to start the engine.
I now have a question for Philip re programming a new pektron fob. Can i go straight to the button that says Add New Fob and programme in the new fob without disturbing any setting for my existing fob? i really want to avoid disturbing the current settings.
Nigel

Streetwise Pektron door lock question 4 years 11 months ago #190172

I'm afraid that I don't remember. Everything that I know is basically embedded into the text that appears on the screen as you run the program. As long as you read everything that it says and follow the directions on screen you should be fine.

Streetwise Pektron door lock question 4 years 11 months ago #190255

This is the EKA explanation and entry procedure as taken from the MG-Rover SCU design document...........

Emergency Engine Immobilisation Override (Emergency Key Access - EKA)
The immobilization override code consists of 4 digits, ABCD, in the range 2 to 9.
The emergency override may only be accessed when the vehicle is immobilized and locked, ignition is off and all the doors are closed. It will be aborted by ignition on, any door opening or by operation of the RF remote.
Following a successful emergency immobilization override, the CCT will output a 1 sec pulse.
Following each unsuccessful emergency override attempt, the external sounder will sound for 125ms.
A 2 second time interval is allowed for each operation of the key to input the code.
Following three unsuccessful emergency override attempts, the emergency override mode will be locked out for 10 minutes. The CCT output will continue to operate as for confidence mode.
After the 10 minute lock out period has expired, every incorrect override attempt will result in a 10 minute lock out.
With NVSA4 implementation, these lock out periods are increased to 30 minutes! This is only cancelled by the use of the RF key or the correct code being entered.
Once the engine is mobilised via the EKA method, it will remain mobilised for 10 minutes once the ignition is switched off and the driver's door is opened or remains closed. After this period has elapsed, it will revert to the immobilised state. Immobilisation can also be attained immediately following a successful RF lock command from the remote handset.

Emergency Immobilisation Override Procedure.
To enter the EKA state, the ignition must be off, the driver's door must be closed and locked. The first key unlock operation will be accepted as EKA request and forms part of the first digit entry.
Tum the key in the unlock direction the number of times indicated by the first digit of the code, returning to the centre position each time.
Turn the key in the lock direction the number of times indicated by the second digit of the code, returning to the centre position each time.
Turn the key in the unlock direction the number of times indicated by the third digit of the code, returning to the centre position each time.
Turn the key in the lock direction the number of times indicated by the fourth digit of the code, returning to the centre position each time.
A final turn of the key to the unlock position will produce a 1 second pulse from the CCT to indicate successful Emergency Override. This will invoke a 300 second time delay in which the engine will remain immobilized. Once the 300 second period is over, the engine must be started within 10 minutes or it will become immobilised and will require an EKA procedure for remobilisation.

CCT = Confidence Confirmation Telltale or the alarm LED!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by technozen.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT