Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

My other car is....a Honda C90 2 years 7 months ago #196793

We have a couple of "normal cars" although I drive the MGF as much as possible with my Santa Fe diesel reserved for long trips where comfort is required . I am just finishing off a 1971 Honda C90 as my other toy.I had one a few years ago when we had one car and I rode the C90 everyday and even 70miles or so each way to visit my parents on a couple of occasions. After riding it for thousands of km I sold it and after missing it I bought another to restore and ride.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic added

My other car is....a Honda C90 2 years 7 months ago #196801

Here in Oz, Australia Post has used Honda bikes for postal deliveries for a great many years, models like the CT110, NBC110 and the C110x.
These things have proved to be nearly indestructible
Whilst they are no powerhouse, they are economical, reliable and easy to ride slowly with their centrifugal clutch making the perfect in the role of postal delivery.
Decommissioned postie bikes are also popular runabouts on farms for the same reasons, as they are easy to rode one handed, you can put a small tank of herbicide on the back and a hand held spay wand, makes them ideal for spot weeding duties.
In fact, Honda have just recently released a new version here the CT125. If I was still on the farm I'd have one......beats the shit outta walking up the bloody hills which were seriously steep bastards!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

My other car is....a Honda C90 2 years 7 months ago #196813

I read about some amazing adventures on ct110s I converted my last C90 to 4 speed with CT90 bits which made it much better for touring. I did a few trips on it to different parts of the South Island, one was 570km in 10 hours from Christchurch to the West coast and back over 2 different passes. I had a great time with it.

My other car is....a Honda C90 2 years 7 months ago #196814

Bugger riding one for 570km! Your a better man than me, riding one down the the bottom paddock 'n back 'd be quite enough for me :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT