Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The free 1.8i. 8 years 11 months ago #158405

OMG - that looks bad - but then 2 sheets of sticky back plastic will always look rough.

Looking better already

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The free 1.8i. 8 years 11 months ago #158441

Even better -

The free 1.8i. 8 years 11 months ago #158494

Today I fitted a rose jointed alternator adjustment bracket from MGMania, they supply longer bolts that makes the job easier. I got rid of the belt squel, even with every power device switched on.

I also hoovered the boot, cabin, under bonnet, and the roof. I then cleaned the dash with dettox mould and mildew cleaner. Finally I greased the bonnet catch and boot hinges, they work like they should.

The free 1.8i. 8 years 11 months ago #158503

I'm enjoying this story especially as I have no idea what the ending will be. Please keep posting!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

The free 1.8i. 8 years 5 months ago #163258

A few weeks ago collected the replacement panels, they came from an early mk2 that had the same paint code, a lucky find indeed.

They came from the same area as the car, Gloucester. I took the new van we have at work that replaced that horrible thing I used to collect the car, OMG, what a difference, it had loads of grunt all the way up to 68 miles an hour, then you hit the speed limiter but it does have DAB so that makes up for it, apparently. I did the whole round trip in less than 6 hours.

The free 1.8i. 8 years 5 months ago #163259

Taking the front wings and bumper off only took about half an hour, we have started fitting the replacements but several fixings were damaged so I am going to get some new ones. In the meantime the new panels are hung in place so the car looks complete.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT