Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

This section... 10 years 4 months ago #135566

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
...is for discussion/debate about other marques of vehicle.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

This section... 10 years 4 months ago #135570

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Awesome!

This section... 10 years 4 months ago #135573

what a lovely idea! :woo2:

This section... 10 years 4 months ago #135576

Righto I'll get the ball rolling!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

This section... 6 years 2 months ago #183902

My wife believes that cars begin and end with a Honda Jazz/Fit. Maybe she has a point. She is on her second - her last did 126k miles in 11 years with routine maintenance, brakes, tyres etc. and an oil seal. This one has done 38k Miles in 3 years with 2 tyres, rear pads, and a battery replaced under warranty.
I admit they have light controls, are spacious inside, immensely practical, solid and utterly reliable. They hold value well too. However the ride manages to be both jittery and wallowy at speed, the front seats make me feel folded in the middle and the plastics are a bit scratchy. Fortunately I am blessed with a MGTF.

This section... 6 years 2 months ago #183903

The Honda Jizz and the like are nothing more than automotive white goods, as exciting as a washing machine but nowhere near as exciting as a fridge..........at least the fridge keeps the beer cold! :beer: :bust:

This section... 6 years 2 months ago #183905

While I sort of agree with you there is an affection for the Jazz not felt for the fridge, or the MG for that matter. Is a (black) Audi Q5 or a SQ5 also a white good I wonder? Beauty in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

This section... 6 years 2 months ago #183906

My son in law's dad passed away last week. Rest in peace Tom. :(

It must have been all the ribbing I gave him over it. Because he only went and left me his car! That's the good news out of the way. It's a Suzuki Alto, 48k, 1l, which Tom had from new, as a retirement present to himself. :)

Unashamedly, I actually quite like the damn thing. :lol:

Attachments:

This section... 6 years 2 months ago #183915

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Sorry for your loss.

A free gift is always worthwhile.
Many many years ago I was given a Hillman Hunter by a friend of my Mam. Husband had passed. A proper shed body wise but 11 months tax and MoT. As a young family at the time cash was tight and we could only afford one car.

I used it for work etc which left Sue with use of the family car. Insured it 3rd party for a few quid. I sorta knew it wouldn't pass another MoT, turned out true due to chassis rot. Steel prices were good at the time, so I got 20 quid at the scrappies. Which I offered to the widow donor, who refused it. Meal out- o-clock for J &S.

An interesting conclusion: as it was a runner, scrappy Joe obviously flogged it on, I got a 2am knock from the flat foots a couple of days later as it had been involved in a smash and grab and I was the last registered keeper: pre computer records era. I did convince them that I wasn't an international crim as I could prove I was at work luckily.

Criminals: if I was tempted, I'd pick a slightly faster getaway car....
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re:RE: This section... 6 years 2 months ago #183919

The Honda Jizz and the like are nothing more than automotive white goods, as exciting as a washing machine but nowhere near as exciting as a fridge..........at least the fridge keeps the beer cold! :beer: :bust:

I have to disagree, Honda are extremely well made, I have had a Civic 1.8 ivtec for thelast 9 years and covered 140,000 miles trouble free in that time, serviced by me since the warranty ran out, failed last mot on a drop link, usual tyre brake etc replacement but that's all, when Honda had a link with Rover all the Honda cars were meticulously checked by Honda engineers before release, no so much for the Rover, I was a Control Engineer for Rover managing the PLC controlled plant in No2 & 3 paint shops and I saw the day to day running, if Rover had stayed in bed with Honda they would have made some stonking cars (not that they didn't) but they build quality would have been first class rather than questionable. Ufortunately the government and Bae decided to sell it to BMW And it went down hill from there (I saw it all ) Their bombs missed it the war but they kill it in the end (Not that I'm bitter :-) )

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Re:RE: This section... 6 years 2 months ago #183920

Utterly reliable and well made they my well be, but they and all hideous, souless, noddy box, shopping trollies still bore me witless! Hense equating them to domestic appliances. :bust:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, sworkscooper

Re:RE: This section... 6 years 2 months ago #183937

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
I am a lifetime car nut. Driven everything car wise from 50's to present. My daily driver, a company car is a Volvo. My choice: very comfortable, reliable etc. I think it does have soul. Just not the soul of the sixties. Which was 'will it start?' 'Will it keep going?'
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT