Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

inner door handle finishers 10 months 4 weeks ago #202394

Im sure I heard somewhere that the nicer oval door handle finishers fitted on the TF 135 & 160 will also fit the F and TF 115 door cards in place of their oblong surrounds. Has anyone tried this or have i been listening to urban myths ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

inner door handle finishers 10 months 4 weeks ago #202395

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

inner door handle finishers 10 months 3 weeks ago #202441

Thats a nice alternative but no. I was asking about what i'd described. Im trying to find out if the standard oval inner door handle surrounds from a TF 135 and 160 can fit on the F and the 115 TF which had the oblong surrounds.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

inner door handle finishers 10 months 3 weeks ago #202444

Interestingly I was faffing about with the door handle escutcheon the other day & I remember your question, wondering if there could be an easy fix as my pet scrappy has a 75 on at the moment & I am a bit of a chrome buff (both usages).
I suspect we will both be disappointed if we were hopping for a one out one in.
There would be bit to cutting out & gaps to fill & whether the screw hole is correct is anyones guess, plus there’s that silly clip. And if you think MG Rover we’re considering folk this far down the line transposing bits from one dead car to another, well!
The judicious usage of self adhesive brightwork strip is a useful way to lighten the mood of drab cabin, too much & you could end up with a cab beloved by Indian truck drivers. Although I’ve yet to see pelmets on MG windscreens as yet.

How did you go on with your other project by the way.
M

inner door handle finishers 10 months 3 weeks ago #202453

Well ill be in a position to check for myself now, Things moved in an unexpected direction and I now have a 135 sitting here beside the 115.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

inner door handle finishers 10 months 3 weeks ago #202454

Well done that man! You'll have absorbed lots of information over the months with the 115 & so the 135 will be familiar. You'll soon have it on the road looking every bit like the suave gent in your fancy motor cruising the South End on Sea sea front .
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT