Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Change or repair heater control unit, 11 months 1 day ago #202382

Hi, I have done some searching but not found the answers yet

My son's TF has had heater control problems since we got it at the end of last year.

The control valve itself seems to work ok but the know didn't have too much affect on it

When I was playing around with it a few weeks ago. I managed to take the knob off, and when i pushed it back in, it pushed the shaft back in instead of pushing on to it.

This evening I decided to sort it, and managed to get the shaft back through by getting my hand in the passenger side of the console, and got the know fitted again

After operating it a few times, it went slack and I am not sure if the mech has fallen to bits or the cable snapped.

I have a spare F unit to play with so thought I would drop it out.

Are there any guides to doing this as it looks a complete mare.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Change or repair heater control unit, 11 months 14 hours ago #202392

My f heater controls have been serving me & all other previous owners since1998, when I had the tf the controls fell to pieces. It left my ownership with an early set of controls, read into that what you will.

Change or repair heater control unit, 10 months 4 weeks ago #202400

There are various guides to stripping down the control unit! I found some useful ones on YouTube. I had similar problems when the c clip came off one of the control shafts causing iy to disappear when I tried to put the knob back on!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT