Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF High Beam Adjustment 3 years 1 month ago #195372

Is it possible to adjust just the high beam on MGF headlights?  Dipped beam is OK, but the high beam shines not much further down the road and does not really illuminate much.

Any thoughts?  

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF High Beam Adjustment 3 years 1 month ago #195373

Like most modern combined headlight units they're not adjustable separately.
The headlight reflectors are probably buggered, the metalising was done on the cheap, they left out a vital process which protects from overheating. This problem is made worse by the fitment of higher wattage bulbs! Mind you the MGF lights aren't all that great at the best of times.
However there are solutions, you can get the reflectors remetalised, you will need to remove the reflectors (very bloddy carefully, like all modern plastic rubbish they are easily broken) and take/send them to the metalisers. Once done I recommend fitting Osram Night Breaker ( Laser next generation) 55watt bulbs, these are probably the best bulbs on the market ATM.
Or fit some driving lights.
I don't know anyone in QLD that does metalising. I used Zeus Products here in Melbourne ( they make coffin hardware for the funeral trade, handles etc.) the contact info:
Gary Scott:
Mobile: 0449 997 289
Phone: 03 9706 5799
Fax:     03 9794 9260

Email:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Address:
37 - 43 Macbeth Street,
Braeside,
Vic.       3195

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

MGF High Beam Adjustment 3 years 1 month ago #195388

Thanks Cobber.  I expected as much.  My reflectors are surprisingly in very good condition, so I see no need to re-metalise them.  I recently fitted new bulbs which highlighted the problem.  
I guess if necessary I will fit some driving lights, but I always prefer to keep my cars as standard as possible.  My main concern here is Kangaroos on the roads around dawn and dusk.

MGF High Beam Adjustment 3 years 1 month ago #195390

You can get driving light mounting brackets that bolt on using the rego plate bolts so you wont have to make any permanent changes to the car
An example on fleabay: Number Plate Frame BullBar Mount Bracket Car Driving Light Bar Holder Silver 23"

I would've used the proper ebay button, but can't get the stupid bloody thing to work lately and can't be arsed finding out why.

Number Plate Frame BullBar Mount Bracket Car Driving Light Bar Holder Silver 23"
Completed

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.119 seconds