Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

2004MGTF Heater bypass assembly and 4 way plastic tee 3 years 5 months ago #194559

I have just replaced the heater bypass assembly - all hoses and the "cheap" plastic 4 way tee. Fortunately the disintergration occurred close to the mechanics workshop but the replacement was a bastard of a job. Also the push on terminal for the starter motor solenoid "came off" and what a nasty thing to get back on.
I also have a 1964 MGB which I have owned for 25 years - much simpler to work on and I do feel more mechanically safer with it. I recently drove 8500 kms in it from Tasmania to Western Australia - ferried from Tasmania to Victoria.
Any comments from MGTF owners would be appreciated.

Terry B (superchook)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2004MGTF Heater bypass assembly and 4 way plastic tee 3 years 5 months ago #194560

Joys of a mid engined car 🤔

Due to the age of these cars rubber hoses are going to need to be replaced sooner rather than later, when they fail.

As far as I can tell some of the more complex ones are no longer available.

Mike

2004MGTF Heater bypass assembly and 4 way plastic tee 3 years 5 months ago #194573

In the opinon of the forum which is the most vulnerable water hose (or connector) on the F/TF.

Robert

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT