Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

greetings 5 years 4 months ago #188890

That's about spot on with the engine running, probably a bit low for the engine off voltage measuremant, but maybe your car was standing for a while when you took the engine off reading, Mark.
I am seriously considering a 80 amp/hour battery when I need to get a new one, as there is enough space to fit one.

I have a USB socket which is permanently juiced up as its connected to the cigar lighter circuit. I am thinking this is helping to drain my battery a bit quicker during the colder weather.
May play around with my multimeter and clip on ammeter tomorrow and see what sort of battery drain I am getting, maybe disconnect the USB socket and Halo's and see what difference that makes too...may have to put a switch on my USB socket if this is the case. My battery has been fully drained three times now since I have had it (only 8 months old) but if I jump start it and give it a 20 mile run, its fine again! Just need to run the engine for 5 mins every three days or the battery starts to get critically low!

Sundance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

greetings 5 years 4 months ago #188891

Yes dave the tf stood about a bit when I took that reading.actually it went flat has the alternator had failed and I had at that time fitted a new one.the battery shown has since been replaced..may take another reading sometime ..at the moment the tf stands redundant with new alternator and battery on..but has a oil leak which I need to investigate....put phone under car and took some shots...appears to be coming from filter....means ramping to get under.....let us know how you get on with your meter readings.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

greetings 5 years 4 months ago #188896

Put my meter on battery again has the mg is in sleep mode...had the boot up yesterday for quite some time so voltage would have dropped a bit due to that little bootlight.
Engine off

Engine on
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT