Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

RAVE Workshop Cds & Copyright? 14 years 2 months ago #9639

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all,

Not strictly a MGF topic but still related!

Most of us have bought a RAVE disc but what about the copyright issue?

I've spotted a number of different Ebay sellers selling these discs and they can't all have exclusive copyright or a copy disc licence to sell on to the general public - can they?

I'm not being deliberately niave, I realise that a lot of these disks are probably just "ripped", (some even come with user un-friendly trojans loaded!)

But what if say I wanted to obtain a legitamate copy to sell on? Where would I get one?

I've got an idea - but in order to execute the idea I've got to be able to get my hands on legitamate copies.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RAVE Workshop Cds & Copyright? 14 years 2 months ago #9642

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I believe that x-part have just released a legit copy at arount the £30 mark. All others are in breach of copyright.

There are some details on your other thread on T'other forum.

RAVE Workshop Cds & Copyright? 14 years 2 months ago #9655

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Clive,

Thanks for your reply - content & link noted!

I'm getting blo-dy frustrated with this issue.

All I want to do is legitemately copy off some of these RAVE discs but I keep hitting brick walls!!

I've been to Vauxhall H.0 and am currently waiting to see if the company's legal dpt will suuply a disk with licence to copy off a limited no. of disks.

It's almost as though the system encourages people to go down the illegal route!

Ebay don't seem to be doing their job properly in this case.

Cheers for now,

Richard

P.S Great work on Phil's car (AP Pot Calipers!)

RAVE Workshop Cds & Copyright? 14 years 2 months ago #9657

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
How are you going with your car mate? Offers still there if you want me to come round with my sledge hammer. Although probably just a sledge at the moment. :)

Oooh, while I remember, why had the police blocked off the road between Potland roundabout and the Alcan farm turnoff last night? I had to detour around Lynton, and the roads were a bit dodgy. Not sure what they could have done different, but in the circumstances it seemed a bit daft closing the road and sending people round uncleared minor roads.

RAVE Workshop Cds & Copyright? 14 years 2 months ago #9729

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Clive,

Don't know - you were not out stalking again were you?

Thanks for your kind offer mate.

The old girl, (the car I mean!), is still laid up in the garage. Call me a softy if you like but my bloody hospital treatment has left me with a fairly knackered immiune system and I don't want to catch a cold/flu, etc.

As soon as the weather turns for the good I'll get cracking and I promise, if I need you, (and your sledge hammer!), you'll hear me yelling your name all the way from Ellington.

Cheers mate!

Richard

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT